Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why?.. What's the trick I'm missing?!

I don't understand!

I raised the engine, I unbolted all the bolts and the stupid oil pan will not come off either way. I'm so irritated. I thought this was going to be easy see how quickly unbolting and raising everything was, but now I'm stuck and I have to have this done tonight or my community is towing my car... ( Please what is the secret to get it over the frame rail?!
    "Charleston" the 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS sedan

raise it higher. Use a prybar. or a mallet on the side of the pan

It's not easy.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

you need to raise the engine higher. you prolly are caught on the oil pump. other option would be to drop the pan enough to unbolt the pump. but, verify first with a light.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

okay, so just so I'm clear which way does the pan go out, towards the front right?
        "Charleston" the 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS sedan

Comment

rear dude. As mentioned, you might have to pull the oil pump to get it out.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

some have also just dropped the pan enough to clean up the surfaces and remove the old gasket... then snake the new single piece gasket down around the pump and seat it and bolt it all back up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Your community=FAIL...
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Damn, I just pulled the engine when I did an oil pump.
                1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                  Your community=FAIL...
                  i just caught this! time to call for a dumpster and start throwing out your "communities" personal shit! cause thats what it sounds like they are doing to you. what a bunch of fucking loosers. that shit pisses me off

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

i pulled the pan to the front... i lifted at front of engine... that way it tipped it... i dropped pan, unbolted oil pump, and had to get the crank turned just right to get the pan to slide out... i had the radiator and shroud out also for more clearance... go back and see where i lifted engine at in the pic...
                    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

in the past, I have removed the upper intake and fuel rail to get more room to jack the engine up.
                      2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                      89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                      88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

The easier way to do this is to just yank the motor out. Pulling pans with the motor in the car is an exersize in frustration. it takes longer to fight that out than it does to pop the motor out.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                        X