No announcement yet.

Wagon is possessed........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno. I'd be leaning more towards a short circuit somewhere. Possibly a melted wire on exhaust?

Comment

Raining cats and dogs tonight. Will check tomorrow. Thanks.
      1991 CVLX Wagon with 17" Black Bullitts, 1974 AMC Javelin owned since 1985.

Comment

Good luck! If the problem isn't apparent, wiring issues are a pain in the ass to fix!

Comment

Well, got to work on the wag last night. Checked all connections and wiring for signs of shorting or condition issues. Found nothing that looked bad. So spliced in a fuse holder in place of the link and stuck a 7.5 amp fuse just to see it would immediately blow, turned the key and she started right up! Idled for a while with no issues, wire and fuse were cool as a cucumber so took it for a 4 mile loop. No problems. Have upped the fuse to a 15 amp and still all good. I guess when the pickup/TFI module issues happened it caused the link to smoke. Anyway, so far, so good. Thanks for all the input.
          1991 CVLX Wagon with 17" Black Bullitts, 1974 AMC Javelin owned since 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by 91longroof View Post
            Well, got to work on the wag last night. Checked all connections and wiring for signs of shorting or condition issues. Found nothing that looked bad. So spliced in a fuse holder in place of the link and stuck a 7.5 amp fuse just to see it would immediately blow, turned the key and she started right up! Idled for a while with no issues, wire and fuse were cool as a cucumber so took it for a 4 mile loop. No problems. Have upped the fuse to a 15 amp and still all good. I guess when the pickup/TFI module issues happened it caused the link to smoke. Anyway, so far, so good. Thanks for all the input.
            Glad to have helped. When I get a chance, I'll look up on my wiring and tell you what size fuse I used to replace that link.

Comment

Working...
            X