Engine Oil Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Oil Code?

Hey all I don't have my original owners manual but if anyone has one for a 89' or similar. I would just need the code that the stock 302 has for the type of oil. I don't mean for instance 10W30 or 5W30 its more of something I think goes or resembles something like that ex. K40126. Thanks.

I have my 89 owners manual in front of me as I am typing. This is what it says:
    "We recommend that you use a Motorcraft oil or an equivalent oil that meets both Ford Specification ESE-M2C153-E and API service catagory SG
    Oils labeled API serivce SF are not recommended unless also shown with API Service SG (Example: API Service SF,SG.) For maximum fuel economy benefits, use an oil with the Roman Numeral "II" next to the words "Energy Conserving" in the API Service Symbol.
    Never use non detergent oils. Oils labeled API SA,SB,SC,SD,SE,SF

I think this is what you are looking for. Hope it helps

Comment

Yup exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch. I read somewhere that some manufactures guarantee a very long life with that code on the back on the oil bottle.

Comment

The oil now-a-days are up to like SN, they won't hurt your engine. Anything less than SG could possibly cause damage...

Comment

Working...
        X