Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

correct spark plug wire routing (thru clasps)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

correct spark plug wire routing (thru clasps)

For the drivers side, I sorta took off all of the wires, 5-8, without paying attention to the wire order on each loom or wire holder. For the one against the firewall, i know only wire 8 will go on that one, but the next one has three wires on it, 6, 7, and 8. What's the correct order, top to bottom. For the next clip, there are four wires held, 5 - 8. What's the order for that one? Finally, there's a clasp up near the distributor. What's the order for that one?

OK, maybe it doesn't matter, just trying to keep things as they were.

thanks.
    95 DGM Impala SS, 383, LT4 cnc heads, LT4 matched intake, Holley 58 mm t/body, GM 846 cam, GMPP 1.5 rr's, F-body MAF, BH OBD I PCM, LT4 knock module, K&N cold air, Edelbrock headers, Flowmaster exhaust, BBHP #73 6-speed, 4:10 gear, sloted and drilled rotors, Z28 cluster
    96 Buick Roadmaster Limited Wagon, mostly stock
    77 Ford F150, 400M auto, longbed
    98 Suburban LS 5.7L Vortec, stock
    90 Grand Marquis, stock

I do believe you start from the bottom of the clasp with the shortest wire and work your way up to the next longest. I got the ford racing 9mm wires so I had to get aftermarket wire looms.
    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

I would agree Kyle
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
        I do believe you start from the bottom of the clasp with the shortest wire and work your way up to the next longest. I got the ford racing 9mm wires so I had to get aftermarket wire looms.
        I don't think it was quite like that when I found it. Makes sense it should be but wasn't that way. I remember thinking that too. Especially #5 has a weird routing due to that damn bracket that holds the airbox
        95 DGM Impala SS, 383, LT4 cnc heads, LT4 matched intake, Holley 58 mm t/body, GM 846 cam, GMPP 1.5 rr's, F-body MAF, BH OBD I PCM, LT4 knock module, K&N cold air, Edelbrock headers, Flowmaster exhaust, BBHP #73 6-speed, 4:10 gear, sloted and drilled rotors, Z28 cluster
        96 Buick Roadmaster Limited Wagon, mostly stock
        77 Ford F150, 400M auto, longbed
        98 Suburban LS 5.7L Vortec, stock
        90 Grand Marquis, stock

Comment

From the top it's 8756 on the first loop. because of the bracket bs. 876 on the next. And so on.

Kyle, where did you get the 9mm wire separators?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
            From the top it's 8756 on the first loop. because of the bracket bs. 876 on the next. And so on.

Kyle, where did you get the 9mm wire separators?
            I got these

from my local oreillys

I think they worked pretty well
            Last edited by mercurygm88; 02-19-2012, 11:32 AM.
            2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Working...
            X