2002 Grand Marquis LSE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 Grand Marquis LSE!

First of all let me say that I'm so damn happy I could just cry right now. I've always wanted an LSE mainly because I like the floor mounted shifter concept, I just always thought it looked good in an MGM. Anyways in desperate search of a vehicle I stopped at a local lot today to look at a 65000 mile 2007 Buick Lucerne CXL, my aunt & uncle have one and love it. I test drove it but it just didn't feel right. When we pulled into the lot I saw a 2002 MGM that said 95,000 miles on the windshield but no price. After driving the Buick I asked about it and he said he could do $3000 out the door and asked if I wanted to test drive it, of course I did. So I walk up figuring this is just a nice rust free base model, then I notice the HPP's and LS badging. Oh it's a little nicer I say, I open the door, see the shifter, and about shit. Oh my fucking god it's an LSE, it's the Merc I've been lusting for since I first saw one in 2011. So here I am praying it's not a turd, took it on a drive and played with everything, I'm 99% sure everything is working. It still has the dual exhaust, and air suspension. Hoping this one lasts me 4 years plus like the '88 did, I'm tired of people crashing into me. Sorry for the shitty garage pics, I'll get some better ones in a few days when it warms up. Someday I'm gonna buy me a brochure so I can see what exactly the LSE package included. The car has one tiny door ding on the passenger side, a few small scuffs, and one 1/4" round rust spot on the passenger fender that looks like it's probably a stone chip. The underbody isn't perfect but very clean for and 18 year old ohio car, cleaner than the 03 Town Car was.

2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Nice ride!! Enjoy.

I miss my 04 (and both my 89s)
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Thanks. I miss the '88 the most, but it was getting pretty rough body wise at the time I got rear ended.
      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

Comment

The LSE is nice. Glad you found one!
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Nice find, I missed buying a LSE by 30 minutes. But I am thankful for the 07 Crown Victoria Sport I was lucky enough to find.
          Like you I love the bucket seats and floor shifter.
          2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

I'm just glad to finally have a car that isn't white. I don't have a problem with white vehicles some look great. But 3 of the 5 panthers I've owned have been white.

Comment

SCORE!
              I love it when nice things just kinda fall into your lap like that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Awesome. They sure are nice cars. Just something about having a console puts it over the edge/above the column mounted shifter cars.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yes, the console is great. It's also basically a Crown Vic sport in a GM body.

It should have at least a 3.27, Duals, thicker sway bars, and the higher rate air springs.

I see you have the steering wheel controls, does it have the digital dash? If so you look to be hard loaded.
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Comment

One thing I found out about my CV sport the cup holders are at different heights so two large take out drinks can fit side by side, if they were at the same height like most cup holders the lids would push against each other not providing a good fit for both drinks.
                    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      Awesome. They sure are nice cars. Just something about having a console puts it over the edge/above the column mounted shifter cars.
                      I have always been more of a console fan than a column shifter guy, it makes for a nice hand rest while your using the arm rest.

Comment

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
                        One thing I found out about my CV sport the cup holders are at different heights so two large take out drinks can fit side by side, if they were at the same height like most cup holders the lids would push against each other not providing a good fit for both drinks.
                        I kind of wondered about that, they seems awful close together. I imagine they would be like the CV cup holders, I'm sure it won't be long until I find out. The weather still hasn't allowed me to get decent photos. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

so now that you've driven both of the front suspensions basically back to back, what do you think of it? I have my impressions, but I'm aware that they don't tend to jive with what most folks have to say on the matter.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                            I see you have the steering wheel controls, does it have the digital dash? If so you look to be hard loaded.
                            LSE/Sports never got a digital dash. You could add it but then you need a digital dash harness from a donor car.
                            1997 Grand Marquis LS HPP
                            2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

- Richard

Comment

I knew a Vic Sport wasn't available with digital, but I thought the LSE was. I know LS HPPs had it available so I assumed the LSE could as well. What they should have done in 03+ was put in the Marauder cluster.
                              Past Panthers

Comment

Working...
                              X