stumble under heavy throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
    well if you have old plug wires that would be a good start,also are the plugs gapped correctly, and how much anti seize did you use on the plugs if any?
    I changed the plug wires about a month ago. The spark plugs were changed around 5,000 miles ago when my mom had the car.

Comment

I had this same problem on my 88 right after I did a tune up on it. Turned out napa had given me a bad distributor cap.
      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

I think since you disconnected egr you will need to use higher octane fuel and stumbling will go away.
        “Cars are the only thing on earth that will beat you, break you, make you bleed, make you cry, spend all your money, spend all your time, not work and not care that you will love more, the more they abuse you.” -Anonymous

Comment

It might, it might not. It will still run hotter than normal, I had my EGR disabled but it was still piping exhaust gas through the lower intake and plenum and it burned the (high temp) paint off of the side of the upper plenum where the EGR gas runs. YMMV. The heat destroyed my EGR spacer gaskets.
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
            It might, it might not. It will still run hotter than normal, I had my EGR disabled but it was still piping exhaust gas through the lower intake and plenum and it burned the (high temp) paint off of the side of the upper plenum where the EGR gas runs. YMMV. The heat destroyed my EGR spacer gaskets.
            Well the coolant lines are still there, the only thing I disconnected was the vacuum line to the egr valve

Comment

Working...
            X