Radiator Hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator Hose?

Well this Christmas keeps getting better on my way to work this morning I think the Lincoln blew the lower hose. I got to work turned the car off and had shit load of smoke under the hood so I poped It and the lower hose is pissing a gallon a second I assume its the hose or something near it but I don't think so I crawled under and grab the hose its tight but it feels like there's a slit but I couldn't get my finger on it idk so its sitting out there leaking while I have to sit at work FML!

Got to keep a roll of radiator repair tape for quick repairs until you have time to replace the hose.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Never even heard of that.. ill check it out. I'm 90% sure its the hose

Comment

stop, slow down, add punctuation, then wait for it to cool off so you can look closer. That hose might be 23 years old. Things break. Its an old car, and hoses are no big deal. Merry Christmas.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks Gadget I was a little flustered. But yes it was the lower radiator hose. The dam thing was original and severly dry rotted it was nuts..did the upper as well turns out that was also an original...

Comment

The "tape idea" was assuming they were replaced in the last century or so. In your case replacement of both was the way to go!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

The tape idea was a very good just that the dry rot splits were on the inside so I couldn't pin point it from the out side. Shits was just spraying and pissing everywhere. and yes I figured it wouldn't hurt LOL

Comment

Replacement FTW!!!

Comment

You might want to consider doing all hoses. Any blown hose, big or small can strand you. Start off clean.
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Yea next are the heater hoses and it will be all good

Comment

Past tme for a tuneup!

Closeouts for a 88:

http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclef...l=en&html=true

Closeouts for a 90:

http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclef...l=en&html=true

Pete
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Spoke to soon. Yesterday morning on my way home from work one of the tiny heater hoses sprung a pin hole and steady pissed on the fan and blew its load all of my engine bay. Anyway fixed that one as I'm currently waiting for all the rest of the hoses to come from rockauto and I ordered two belts and a tensioner...this car knows I got a new job LOL.

Comment

replace both heater core hoses and the two feeding off the water pump. Change the hoses going to the EGR cooler too. You're at the point where they will fail one by one.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Got the EGR ones done awhile back they where the first to go

Comment

The one feeding the water beck is the one that just burst..I got the rest coming..

Comment

Working...
                              X