Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extra maintenance/performance suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awe, man. I'd love to do a supercharger. But that requires alot more money then I have extra to throw at this thing.

And so it sounds like it's more up to each individuals perspective as to how stiff the ride actually becomes with lowering springs. Later this year I am wanting to do it, so I think I'll just take the plunge and hope for the best.
    '88 Lincoln Town Car '78 F250 Hi-Boy
    '80 XS850 '80 GS450 '82 XJ650 '81 XJ650 '81XS850 '82 XV750

Comment

Roller rockers....1.7's. I want to purchase a set. Would these do the trick: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-66878 ???I do not know which type I need. Can someone knowledgeable provide me with a link to what you may have used or what would work? Next thing...I have mustang cast aluminum valve covers...will they fit underneath them? This will be for my lop 87 vic.

Thanks!

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      HO upper and throttle body helps, but exhaust also helps tremendously. If you can't get the air out, you can't get air in. I've driven stock engined cars with the HO upper, 1.7 roller rockers and good exhaust and they run noticeably better than your typical as left the factory cars. No idea what you might see on the dyno but its definitely something you can feel if you go from one to the other.

The throttle thing is called the TV bushing. Yes, you really want the brass one, but at a minimum you need a good one. If it fails, the transmission follows quickly.
      Last edited by 87gtVIC; 02-24-2013, 07:20 AM.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I cant remember where I got mine from. Either comp cams or crane. But, they were decent in price and had the ford stamp on them .

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I'm using the Crane Cobra rockers on mine. Those are the only ones I definitely know fit under Mustang valve covers. I think the later HO covers you may need to remove or modify a baffle in, but they will fit. I'm running 85 Mustang valve covers on mine currently, but previously I had 88 Mark VII covers without any issues. Many of the others are physically larger and don't clear. Amusingly most things will fit under the stock steel covers.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            Roller rockers....1.7's. I want to purchase a set. Would these do the trick: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-66878 ???I do not know which type I need. Can someone knowledgeable provide me with a link to what you may have used or what would work? Next thing...I have mustang cast aluminum valve covers...will they fit underneath them? This will be for my lop 87 vic.

Thanks!

Don't go with the Proform ones, they are cheap Chinese junk. I have a set of their 1.6's on my 89 right now. With a high lift cam, they hit the stock stamped steel valve covers, with a stock lopo cam they would probably be ok in both steel and HO valve covers.

I also have 2 sets of Crane Cobra 1.7's (the old school ones with the Ford P/N). I can confirm these fit fine in both the steel and HO valve covers on a lopo no problem, I have a set in my Battle Wagon right now and have had both kinds of valve covers on.

Spend the extra money, and get something with a little more quality.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              I'm using the Crane Cobra rockers on mine. Those are the only ones I definitely know fit under Mustang valve covers. I think the later HO covers you may need to remove or modify a baffle in, but they will fit. I'm running 85 Mustang valve covers on mine currently, but previously I had 88 Mark VII covers without any issues. Many of the others are physically larger and don't clear. Amusingly most things will fit under the stock steel covers.
              Thanks Thain.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
              Don't go with the Proform ones, they are cheap Chinese junk. I have a set of their 1.6's on my 89 right now. With a high lift cam, they hit the stock stamped steel valve covers, with a stock lopo cam they would probably be ok in both steel and HO valve covers.

I also have 2 sets of Crane Cobra 1.7's (the old school ones with the Ford P/N). I can confirm these fit fine in both the steel and HO valve covers on a lopo no problem, I have a set in my Battle Wagon right now and have had both kinds of valve covers on.

Spend the extra money, and get something with a little more quality.
              http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cr...view/make/ford
              Cool thanks for the info. Proform ones are off the list and the crane ones are on. I seen them installed on your battle wagon. These will be the ones I go for.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
              X