radiator rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

radiator rehab

got tired of looking at the radiator all beat up so i sand blasted epoxy primed it and painted same color as the car.also cleaned up core support under radiator.
    Attached Files

Looks great.

Comment

Wait your allowed to spray your radiator? Doesn't clog the fins?
      - Juan
      -White 1995 Grand Marquis, 16xxxx -Muffler delete with straight pipe in place -Custom gauges by Scott -KYB shocks -Nightshaded tail lights -Blacked out rear fascia -All auxiliary lights LEDs -3 broken window motors -6w LED CHMSL mod -101mm intake snout made with duct hose -Gatorback Belt -180 T-Stat -P&P TB -Gods Head badge in rear -Good Ole' K&N Air Filter -2005 Mustang Wheels with 1.5" F and 2" R Spacers -Cady 4 Tone Horn -Mercury Sable Console w/ Cut Seats -Taurus SHO Spoiler (Pending Application)

-2nd panther owned. '03 black n white CVPI, sold.

Comment

Looks nice.

Alex.
        Last edited by GM_Guy; 03-31-2013, 09:24 AM.

Comment

it comes painted new.
          Last edited by rellik god; 04-02-2013, 12:30 AM.

Comment

thanks try to clean up engine bay.more pic
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks good!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
              George Burns

Comment

that looks 10x better dude!!!

this insires me to do this... im sure mine could use it after 150k
                Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

nice work im a new owner of a 1993 grand marquis well its not new just new to me lol... but i wus told der were parts on the 1996 mustang 4.6 that i could use it would mean a lot if i could get pointed in the right direction one more thing this whole forum thing is also new to me i dont know how to post new threads of my own

Comment

Nice! is that the copper/brass three core radiator? I just painted the top when I had mine out, nice idea to paint the sides too!
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 95_Grand View Post
                      Wait your allowed to spray your radiator? Doesn't clog the fins?
                      Yes, you're allowed to paint the radiator.
                      It doesn't clog the fins because they are taped and blocked off with newspaper.

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Got it, so it's the surround that's painted. Should do it soon!
                        - Juan
                        -White 1995 Grand Marquis, 16xxxx -Muffler delete with straight pipe in place -Custom gauges by Scott -KYB shocks -Nightshaded tail lights -Blacked out rear fascia -All auxiliary lights LEDs -3 broken window motors -6w LED CHMSL mod -101mm intake snout made with duct hose -Gatorback Belt -180 T-Stat -P&P TB -Gods Head badge in rear -Good Ole' K&N Air Filter -2005 Mustang Wheels with 1.5" F and 2" R Spacers -Cady 4 Tone Horn -Mercury Sable Console w/ Cut Seats -Taurus SHO Spoiler (Pending Application)

-2nd panther owned. '03 black n white CVPI, sold.

Comment

yes it is copper/brass three core radiator

Comment

What hold downs did you end up using to secure the radiator? The pieces you are using look like they fit perfectly. I just purchased this radiator and am figuring out where I can get the proper radiator hold downs.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X