K&N air filters as good as they say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&N air filters as good as they say?

Thinking about getting K&N air filter. Anybody have used it? Any good?

Motor City Patrick
    1988 MGM

Nothing really special about it.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Better gas mileage?

Motor City Patrick
      1988 MGM

Comment

Are there any other ones as good as K&N? Price?

Motor City Patrick
        1988 MGM

Comment

A stock air filter is all you need.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

^ beat me to it. A paper filter is going to serve you best.

I've got a K&N on my nova, I have not noticed any difference. At all, except for two; It always looks dirty, and it is just another item that needs maintanence.

Alex.

Comment

I use one on my Toyota Avalon b/c the stock filters are so expensive. KN filter was 39 bucks, every paper filter 15.00 ea. Cleaning the KN is the problem (messy and takes time). Too much oil and you might mess up your MAP sensor. I purchased FRAM air hog orange filters (similar to the KN) but they were 4.01 each at RockAuto!! You can afford to toss those when they're dirty at that price.

Comment

Thanks! Guess i will stick with the one i have

Motor City Patrick
                1988 MGM

Comment

I use Fram air hog as well! Rock had a close out sale for the CFI Vic filters so I bought 5 of them at like $2 each
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

paper filters for me. I had a cone thing that needed oiling and cleaning. Hated it. The paper just works.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I use a k&n on the mustang, and I had one on my old focus. They seem good to me. The problem is when people clean and oil them, they severely over oil them I have noticed. Then they just turn into a dirt magnet and clog fast. You only need to spray enough oil to get a slight red tint.

I also like papers to, just depends of the vehicle I guess.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                      Big plans

Comment

I prefer the paper air filter due to the dust blown around during summer in the desart!

Comment

Working...
                        X