sNeec engine monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sNeec engine monitoring

Anyone familiar with this interface and software? Seems like it would be invaluable in diagnosing problems being able to see realtime feedback.

Saw it advertised on the old fordfuelinjection.com website.
    Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
    Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
    Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
    Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

If you want to spend the cash for that level of data. I can do the same thing with an oscilloscope or multimeter and backprobing harnesses... though it takes more know-how to do such stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Might be kind of hard to do that while driving the car down the road, though.... If you can do that, I'd like to watch. I wouldn't mind learning how to do things the manual way, but I don't have an oscilloscope either. Multimeter....check.
      Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
      Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
      Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
      Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

Interesting. Is the project dead though? Looks like the page where you would order says they're having problems with the manufacturing and they don't know when it will be able to build another batch. The page looks ancient so I don't know when the last update was...

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by LithiumCobalt View Post
          Might be kind of hard to do that while driving the car down the road, though.... If you can do that, I'd like to watch. I wouldn't mind learning how to do things the manual way, but I don't have an oscilloscope either. Multimeter....check.
          2 long wires that peek out from under the hood and go in the door by the weather seal... set meter on dash and go.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I would totally drive down the road with an oscilloscope on the dash. One channel to monitor whatever sensor, then another connected to the stereo.
            1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I don't own extension cords long enough to do that effectively. Not all of us have small DC powerable scopes you know There is also no practical way to datalog stuff from a scope or meter unless you own fantypant storage scopes. For the average human, a device that will record sensor outputs in actual values vs raw voltages is a lot more user friendly. I have done the driving around with a series of meters on the dashboard trick before, but it pretty much sucks.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                I don't own extension cords long enough to do that effectively. Not all of us have small DC powerable scopes you know There is also no practical way to datalog stuff from a scope or meter unless you own fantypant storage scopes. For the average human, a device that will record sensor outputs in actual values vs raw voltages is a lot more user friendly. I have done the driving around with a series of meters on the dashboard trick before, but it pretty much sucks.
                Truth, but the option is there and I have done it once. Prefer the monitoring stuff though.

Comment

Working...
                X