Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi From Semi-Newbie Box Body 5.0, Can the intake be mounted backwards? Mustang style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi From Semi-Newbie Box Body 5.0, Can the intake be mounted backwards? Mustang style

( copied from newbie forum )....

Guys.. i have 1989 Box Body 5.0, can the intake manifold (performer can rotate 180) be mounted backwards, so that i can use Mustang
    throttle parts cables etc?

i have already modified a Mustang throttle body to work backwards... but just want easier intake install.

I am running A9P compooter with mass air and 19lb injectors

Thanks
    Dean

1989 5.0 CV 5.0
    2004 CVPI
    Last edited by DinoW; 11-06-2014, 11:55 PM. Reason: update
    DinoW

You can, but why would you?
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

so i dont have to modify throttle body and other parts.

what about Mustang throtle cable stuff, does that work out easily?
      DinoW

Comment

You have to swap the cables, it has been done in the past. But it's messier espceically with the cables looping around to the front of the motor, not to mention relocating the battery and such. It's easier to grind the ridge on the throttle body, I remove the linkages and just tap the base of the throttle body for a small machine screw. As for a spacer, you can bore out your stock one to 63mm. Or fab up some bracketry for the mustang egr spacer. It really isn't that bad of a job.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoW View Post
          so i dont have to modify throttle body and other parts.

what about Mustang throtle cable stuff, does that work out easily?
          Only 2 things get modified, the EGR spacer and the throttle body arm.

Compare that to running a new throttle cable, new TV cable, relocating the battery, making a new air intake system, lengthening some wires, rerunning all the vacuum lines, etc....

If you really want, you can flip the intake, but there's a reason we all leave it facing the stock direction.
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Probably hit the press. reg also............but it'll look like a mustang underhood! WOOT!
            Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

The AC parts are also right in the way. Yeah, I know I seem to be in the minority of people who insist on keeping working AC.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                The AC parts are also right in the way. Yeah, I know I seem to be in the minority of people who insist on keeping working AC.
                I'm proud to be a part of this minority! I get so disgusted every time I look under the hood of a car that had A/C only to find that it's been gutted. Usually the tombstone is the accumulator or evaporator lines, which no one ever removes. Makes me cringe!
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I live in Texas. Massive majority here prefers AC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The Florida contingent used to swear they didn't need it.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Not me!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I need my A/C lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A/C has it's purpose. I wouldn't delete a perfectly functioning system, but if it's already dead, and you don't mind rolling the windows down, no reason not to toss it.

Comment

We still dont lol...............if you're gonna be dumb you better be tough and i'm tough! lol
                            Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Is it the performer that the plenum has a removable end cap? got a pic.

I reversed my victor 5.0 EFI intake
                              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                              X