Cleaning Fuel and Exhaust Components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning Fuel and Exhaust Components

Does anybody have recommendations on cleaning used exhaust tips? I would like to salvage my TA splitters when I replace the exhaust on the CV. They have no rust or rot; just hardened tar and crud that doesn't seem to come off with wheel cleaner, dish detergent, or degreaser. A co-worker said he took apart the carb on his classic Triumph (bike) and boiled it in Pine Sol. Dunno about the boiling part, but would soaking in Pine Sol and using a fine abrasive pad or something work?

Thanks

Packman

Use a bead blaster on them, that will get the job done!

Comment

If the tips are off, start off with throwing them in a tub with hot water, a handfull of laundry detergent (arm & hammer still works best, seems the other main players have reduced the capabilities of thier detergent if getting my work clothes clean is any indication) agitate that shit up good. Let them soak. Then scrub them with something very firm. Works great for degreasing old intake manifolds and other greasy stuff.

If it is extremely stubborn, and you don't mind fine scratches, use a metal scrub pad and some solvent (laquer thinner, turpentine, etc) and lots of elbow grease to clean em up.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
      X