No announcement yet.

EGR cooler line delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didnt figure it would do much. A hot air intake would do about as much I expect. None of that stuff does anything useful for performance though.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Just to clarify, it sounds like I have two options:

1) remove the T from the heater hose entirely and then plug the manifold
      2) get a new smaller hose that goes from the manifold to the T in the heater hose (and just bypass the EGR cooler)

Since I can't really see/tell where the leak is coming from (just "back there") I'm leaning toward #1 in order to delete all of that stuff by just replacing the heater hose.

Thanks (as always) for the input.

Comment

if you're unhooking the cooler, I'd eliminate all of the hoses and whatnot.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i pulled the back of the EGR cooler off so i could access the return line to the manifold (tight fit back there on the CFI)... now that i could see it, i could tell my leak was coming from there -- but the question was, was it the hose fitting or the nipple/connector? i had planned to just remove it all, but that nipple wasn't gonna budge easily, and i was afraid i'd jack it or the manifold up if i forced it (a bit corroded from leaking so much). so i ended up just replacing the hose and the clamp (a much easier fix), and keeping my fingers crossed. so far, so good. (knock on wood)

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Nice! I've been thinking that lines leaking on my car as well but haven't had a chance to look yet.

*Knocks on wood* Hopefully the quick and easy fix does it!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by porschpow View Post
                what is the purpose of the stupid cooler lines running through the throttle body?
                Fuel economy and dei cing. I mcgyver'd the hoses together years ago with a bic pen and hose clamps.
                Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Working...
                X