No announcement yet.

Extreme noob recommendations - spark plugs and wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes instant gratification is totally worth it. Enjoy!

Comment

That is why I purchase all parts from Green Sales Co
      Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
      Sometimes instant gratification is totally worth it. Enjoy!

Comment

The tune is done! I had to drop it off at a shop I trust (only person I'll have wrench my cars besides me). I am busy parting out my wrecked Civic and needed the Grand Marq done ASAP. I bought all Motorcraft parts. Turns out two of the plugs were fouled out, so that would explain why it was running a bit rough and getting awful gas mileage

Now she is quiet and smooth! My first tank of gas I put in it was a miserable 12 mpg! That's barely better than my 66 Newport! I got it back last night and filled it up today so between half the tank being with the rough idle and half of the tank being with the new tune up I'm already up to 16.5 mpg. I am sure once I go through a full tank with the new plugs, wires, cap/rotor I should be about 18-20 mpg. It was running super rough at low RPM, and was misfiring but would even out if I put the pedal to the metal.

Comment

Rear two plugs? Those seem to be the ones that foul most. I think it has something to do with the PCV system, but it may also be related to the tilt of the motor and worn valve seals. Not totally sure, but the back two are definitely more foul-prone than the rest.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah that's what my mechanic said. He was super busy so he just gave me the gist of it without going into full blown detail.

Comment

Working...
            X