tips on keeping block clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tips on keeping block clean

i just pulled the drivers side head today because I got my E7s back from the shop (they had a valve/seal/mill/blast job done). After taking off the head some gasket junk and coolant fell into the combustion chamber, i vacuumed it all out but what else can I do to ensure its clean enough to run again?
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

I wipe the cylinders down with tranny fluid with a clean white cloth. When no more black comes off of the cylinders on the rag I wipe it down with a little motor oil. Others chime in with your methods. I usually do this to a freshly machined bare block after honing tho.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Carb clean the bitch, whipe down untill (as he said) no more black comes off. And just make sure it's spotless, then whipe everything down with an oil soked rag.

Comment

Wipe it out as good as you can. Most of that stuff won't hurt it anway.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Compressed Air

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
            Compressed Air
            :stupid:

Just watch out, shit will go flying. Close your eyes or put on goggles or something. Putting some sort of oil on the cyl walls to keep them from rusting while its apart is a good idea too. You can use most anything.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Marvels mystery oil
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X