Looks like i need to get the lokar kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like i need to get the lokar kit.

I like hte driveability of the 4bbl equipped motor (drove it around the block)

But my trans is shifting funny.

BIG PROBLEM.

I park it.

So I aint gonna move it until i get the damn lokar kit installed.

That is all.

That bracket I bought is a peice of crap.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

You woundnt be having this problem if you put in the TKO.

How do you like the 4bbl, is it alot different that CFI?
    Snap some pics and keep on workin till its perfect.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Comment

Looks awesome!!
        Are you still using the in tank pump? Or is it an in line electric. I cant see if you have the mechanical one or not.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
        My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

here is my chopped,cut and welded bracket.

http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
          http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Looks like the TV rod would bind up on the bottom of that bracket. How does it run tho, idle smooth, no bogging or hesitation when you blip the throttle?
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Glad to see a 4bbl on there. Hope you get your linkage worked out. If you could get Phayzer's car right, I am sure you can get your own.

Tom

Comment

Thanks duce.

I am running a gutted intank pickup, with a low pressure inline pump...

Within the next few weeks, I am going to switch to a mechanical pump.

Along with this, I am going to do a timing chain (advancing my cam 4 degrees) and 1.7 roller rockers.

Can't start a 351W/tremec swap, cause I gotta drive the car 1300 miles to PA in a month, and this 302 still runs great.

But yeah, I can manhandle a carb swap quite well, since I had a major hand in justin's

Comment

Why are you planning to replace an electrical inline pump with a mechanical pump? I always preferred going the other way myself. mechanical pumps are a pain in the ass, especially on a nice hot motor. I used to have vapor lock issues in the VW because the fuel would actually boil in the pump. Personally I like the electrical jobs for the cooler fuel, and they're also really nice for worn carbs with slight internal leakage, or for stuff that sits. No need to crank the engine to prime the carb, just turn the key for a few seconds and it'll pump up. Also, you can wire them through an oil pressure safety so if you lose oil pressure for whatever reason, the pump cuts out, therefore saving the motor from more damage.

Just my 2 cents.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Looks good!
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

needs ac

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

The more time that goes by, the closer he gets to duplicating my setup Just think of the time youd've saved if you just listened to me in the first place

:banana:

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                        '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                        '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

You need a pcv valve mang.
                          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Four Barrel....

I just want to get my '84's intake changed out and go to a four barrel.... and dump the CFI.....

Tom----
                            HINT HINT HINT.....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                            Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Well, I can honesly say i've done a couple, Tom!

The setup I will be running would be perfect to replicate on your car... And you could still make it look factory.

Comment

Working...
                              X