No announcement yet.

ignition parts recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

somewhat. They can get fairly rusty and not so easy to see. Hit it with a wire brush and they should come up.

I don't know what that groove is. I've been told its something to do with an electronic analyzer system that got a pickup dropped into the hole on the pointer assembly and it did some sort of magic. Doesn't mean anything to us mere mortals that own a timing light though, unfortunately.

That is actually one thing I'll give to GM, their timing marks are easier to read. It uses a big groove on the balancer and a "sawtooth" thing on the side of the engine to indicate timing degrees. Even on a pretty rusty one you can count the notches and know where you're at.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think the balancer is only marked 20, maybe 30, degrees each side of TDC (definitely not all the way around). I often have to bump the key/starter a few times to get the marks to a position where I can see them.

Even on a nice clean new looking balancer I still marked the marks since I didn't think they were visible enough for my eyes.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

The balancer on my beater was only marked 10 ATDC and 30 BTDC. As with most things... YMMV.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X