X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by colejackson72 View Post
    I don't use that account so I couldn't tell you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The reason I ask is because both posts are from the same internet address about the same model car with the same problem and only separated by about 20 minutes AND has the same number on the end of the username. It's like you posted using one account thinking you used a different username and then logged back in to add more info and it didn't work so you created another account. Or it could be that someone else (the one that pays the bills in the house) made the other account and asked the question as well. Obviously if you have others in the house, this could happen, but flat denial won't be accepted. Without any further posts to the contrary, I'm going to assume that Thor72 is redundant and delete it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

as for the problem with the car. You need a new flasher. (the can shaped part in the fuse box).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I tired two different flashers man, still getting nothing

Comment

Just figured something else out. as soon as I change the fuse for it it immediately pops

Comment

The fuse that pops... do you have the manual so you can find out what all is connected to that fuse? You might need a new turn signal switch, or there's a shorted wire to trace down. I've had a couple of wires like that on my 88. One was the ditch light harness above the parking brake mechanism. It fell down and got crushed by the parking brake. (I don't have the ditch lights - probably wouldn't have dropped down if I had that option.) Taped that mess back up out of the way and the fuse stopped popping. Another fuse was popping from something that was probably rubbed raw under the dash. Ended up finding that wire and cut near the fuse box and near the accessory and just ran a new wire over. PITA that one was. I've also used thermal breakers (the metal cans that will fit into normal fuse slots if you don't break the log tabs at their break points) to let the wire burn through so I can find it. This is NOT a preferred method and typically a last resort. I've been generally lucky that the screwed wire wasn't in a bundle and screw up a bunch of other wires.

TL;DR what's on the list for that fuse? You'll have to disconnect/disable each thing until you find the one popping the fuse.

Comment

I unplugged the defrost from the switch and unplugged the Corning lights and reverse lights. Only other thing to do is all the blinker lights and if that doesn't do it.. it's a wire. I also held a pair of needle nose where the fuse goes and it got pretty hot but I couldn't find any Smoking wire or anything.. only thing left on the fuse is load leveling, heated windshield, and trailer circuits but i don't know what and where those are. I don't think i have heated windshield or trailer circuits

Comment

load leveling is air suspension. Might still be something shorted in the turn signal switch. Might be a good idea to take the shroud off the steering column and check the connectors. If they look good, take the connectors out of it and see if the fuses still blow.

Comment

Air suspension compressor would be in the trunk of a '87 IIRC, on the passenger side behind the felt/cardboard cover panel. Trailer circuits involve three relays, should also be in the trunk but on the driver side, again behind the cover panel.
                  The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                  The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

I don't have air suppension

Comment

Figured it out thanks guys for you help

Comment

Well what the heck was it? Would be nice to know, for the sake of next person who'll run into the same mess.
                        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

I honestly couldn't tell you.. I dissconnted the turn signal switch and the fuse didn't blow so I figured that was the short and plugged it back in and still didn't blow and blinkers worked... guessing it was the defrosters in the rear because they pulled a lot of power and still worked with the fuse out

Comment

Working...
                          X