injector question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

injector question

if the cap right around the tip of the injector is cracked, will the injector leak?
    ] [
    { }
    I__I
    (__) < -- Bottom O- ring
    U < --- Crack is here, circling the upper lip of the tip
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

No, but the cracked tip may cause the fuel to spray randomly, which could reduce its efficiency. Next time you're at a junk yard, slip one into your sock and you'll be good to go. :banana:
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

You can buy those in a kit with new O rings and spacers. Those caps are a bitch to get off. I ended up taking one of those snap-off blade utility knives and cutting through mine. The kits are cheap, and you get the O rings too. Buy 8 of them.

Borg-Warner part# 274081
      Big price tag: $2.60 each.

I also soaked my injectors in fuel injector cleaner for a few days and blew them out with my sissy little air compressor. Didn't get much crunk out but they came out of a low mileage Towncar.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X