No announcement yet.

1994 f-150 motor into Vic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah this would definitely be the time to go dual exhaust and at the very least do Lincoln logs or ghosty's headers. You sure those will fit the downpipes ghost? Thought only Lincoln logs would.

Anyhow, as the others mentioned, don't halfass it. Definitely get an HO upper intake and stuff because you will already have shit apart, it's stupid not to put better stuff on when you can. Looks as though it's shaping up well though for you. Trying to think if I have any crap lying around that would be helpful.

Comment

Okay trying to figure the intake stuff. I see a few mustang intakes from 1986-1987 on eBay for a decent price, but looking around locally I have found a few other ones that I am unsure about. Cheapest is a guy selling SN95 mustang upper and lower intakes for 50 bucks a pop. There's the "GT 40" explorer intakes..

I have no clue what I should be looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by DrHax View Post
        Okay trying to figure the intake stuff. I see a few mustang intakes from 1986-1987 on eBay for a decent price, but looking around locally I have found a few other ones that I am unsure about. Cheapest is a guy selling SN95 mustang upper and lower intakes for 50 bucks a pop. There's the "GT 40" explorer intakes..

I have no clue what I should be looking for.
        I know I'm going to get lynched for this, but because there's a severe lack of parts in my area (Labrador) I'm re-using the original box panther upper and lower intakes on my project. But I am using a 58mm throttle body/EGR spacer from a 1986 Mercury Capri RS. The original box panther TB/EGR spacer is 50mm. This should help the airflow out a bit. Later on if the opportunity presents itself, I'll get a proper HO upper intake manifold with a bigger TB/EGR spacer. The good HO upper intakes are 87-93 AFAIK. 86 are the exact same as box panther upper intakes. Lowers are the same in the cars, except for GT-40 stuff (ie. Mustang, box panther, etc.)
        HO throttle body will require the throttle cable lever to be removed and the panther part re-attached as they are on opposite sides of the engine.
        Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
        Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Its the same intake, but one has a throttle body. If you don't have one, that would be the one to get. It will need to have the throttle lever switched but thats simple.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
            You sure those will fit the downpipes ghost?
            I checked on that with the Panther guru and they can be made to work but the header flanges are 2-1/4" while the Panther pipes are 2" so one will need to first swap the flanges off the Panther pipes to the larger size and second be extra careful in what position the new flanges get welded on because if the angle isn't right they will not fit quite right and may leak. Not worth all the extra effort, the Mustang H-pipe is cheap and direct bolt-on with these headers, it also has the O2 sensor ports already installed in it so no need to fuck with the headers. You gain the benefit of properly stepped-down larger exhaust too, you know the whole exhaust velocity and all that jazz

We have HO intakes on tap for cheap, I will have to verify availability of HO throttle bodies, and stock panther spacers to bore out. Stay tuned, lol
            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Stock CFI pump can fuel 24lbers.

It'll love it.

Mass air conversion? Or swap lopo cam over if you really don't wanna change it. But then if you're gonna change the cam, should just put whatever the members around here usually run with Speed Density.

If I had my megasquirt up and running, I'd offer you my A9s, to be used with a mass air swap.. Also. Damn shame you need a D3 ecu, I'm staring at one that I hacked apart so I could just the connector.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Mass air gets complicated and expensive quick, I'm thinking he's better off just doing the standard HO stuff. Hell I'd be very tempted to run the truck cam too, especially if the rear axle is not geared numerically-high. Most of the trucks that got the 302 also got 3.55 or faster gears, load-wise and empty F150 with 3.55s would be similar to a Panther with 3.08s so I'd imagine the truck cam will make that engine pull pretty good down low and while it does run out of steam in the high RPMs the axle gearing will prevent the engine from actually revving up very high.

Wish you had mentioned somewhere you needed an ECM for the connector, got a whole pile here of lo-po and other stuff that will never get used...
                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Yeah the rear end in the boat is stock. Nothing special. Doesn't have the towing package or anything. Honestly I think my car was a base model ordered custom by a grumpy old man to save money.

A basic HO swap does interest me. Would using the panther throttle body be okay? Until I get my tax return back I am in miser mode 3.0... Because im pretty broke. Logically I should be scrapping the boat and cutting my loses, but I like the car way to damn much.

Comment

Yeah the rear end in the boat is stock. Nothing special. Doesn't have the towing package or anything. Honestly I think my car was a base model ordered custom by a grumpy old man to save money.
                    On the ID sticker on the driver's door, in the little table at the bottom, what's the number or letter in the "AX" (axle) box? This will tell us hat you have, unless it's been messed with of course, which most folks don't do.

A basic HO swap does interest me. Would using the panther throttle body be okay? Until I get my tax return back I am in miser mode 3.0... Because im pretty broke. Logically I should be scrapping the boat and cutting my loses, but I like the car way to damn much.
                    I know that feeling, lol, why do you think I'm still working on people's cars when I should have gone on vacation months ago. Yes you can run the Panther throttle body no problem, you just won't be seeing all the power she could be making. Same deal with the exhaust as well, you can run your factory manifolds and "downpipes" with the four cats, just won't flow as good as the LSC headers with Mustang H-pipe and duals out the back. Then again, with the Panther intake setup you won't be breathing in as much air so the restrictive exhaust won't be a big deal.

Comment

Well the cheap one sold, and I'm on the fence with the other one. Damn.. It sucks being broke most of my money went into getting the engine.

Comment

The other one has a throttle body though so i'd say it's well worth the trouble buddy. I'm at the point now where I can afford to do most of this shit, only I never have any time to do it. Adult life blows....

Comment

Well the cheap one sold, and I'm on the fence with the other one. Damn.. It sucks being broke most of my money went into getting the engine.
                          What cheap is gone, the intake? Got intakes, got throttle bodies as well, one is even all ready to go onto a Panther (lever has been swapped). Not gonna be super cheap tho, a TB alone is $30 at the U-pull-It, and that's before the mods. Do you have welding capabilities, or know someone who does? And you reuse your factory EGR spacer, just have it bored over to match the HO intake and throttle body.

Comment

I have a HO upper would sell for 50 + the ride and a ported HO upper for 70 + the ride.
                            E7 heads unported are one of the worst flowing heads ever offered for SBFs at around 140 CFM
                            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Not to steal the thread but I'd be interested in an HO TB. More specifically, just those black plastic bushings for the throttle shaft.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                              X