No announcement yet.

'87 Colony Park suddenly turned off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all for your responses. Tiggie, I was confused because I always think my position in front of the engine, since it is the "thing" that cause my headache in this moment... But I understand what all you mean, I learn today another info with you: the numbers of the spark plugs!, I´m trying to see the positive side.

At least I know is the correct spark plug. Will continue my attemp to fix it this week, it´s been rainy here and the car is outside.

Comment

#1 is under the AC compressor. #5 is behind the alternator.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hello guys!

Finally, with the help of a mechanic the car runs again, the timing was adjusted, change spark plugs, Ignition coil and TFI (all Motorcraft). When I came back home the car runs great. I parked it out of my house, I started the engine again waiting to get the engine hot to check the gearbox oil, BUT!!!!....the car turned off again after 10 minutes! Same problem as the beginning, after that, the engine does not run again. The car was scanned and the results did not gave any problem registered.

Any ideas what is still my problem?

Comment

Check for spark, check for fuel. That will tell us where to start.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have both, spark and fuel

Comment

I wonder if the pickup in the distributor could be an issue.

My Cars:
              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
              -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

if you have spark and proper fuel pressure, it would run. Something isn't right.

Try some starting fluid in the throttle body. If it starts, you have a fuel problem. Might be low pressure, but it might be a bad TPS. If the TPS fails like the throttle is open, it stops operating the injectors.

Comment

crap gas? water trapped in the fuel filter clogging up the works?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                  X