Engine Codes with HO conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    If the problem is there the check engine light illuminates. If it's not there the light goes out. 86 doesn't have a check engine light. That didn't appear until 1989.
    Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    which is why the 88- are better. Screw that stupid light.
    I was talking about in general, actually, our '91 Mark VII. As an owner of an '88 and custodian of an '89 I am aware
    Funny thing is, '88 was the year of the instrument cluster & warning light pod revision. My '88 has a CEL slot, and a bulb in place & it's wired yet somewhere down the line must be an open circuit as it does not illuminate. Ashley's old '89 had the same deal of course, only difference being her CEL actually worked. Wire colors and stuff were different on the driver's side fender apron, but not on the harness which fed the warning light pod IIRC.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

yeah 88's aren't actually connected to anything.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That's what I deduced. I was too lazy to tear into the dash and add the wire to make it work.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
        X