87 2 dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 2 dr

hey guys need some advice from the experts.

there is a 2dr 87 for sale. called the guy and he here is the info i got out of him.

-5 L w/ 140000 miles
    -no leather/moonroof
    -black w/ grey interior
    -there is little rust, he has sanded it and painted w/ tremclad
    -2 holes in the car. 1 on the driver side door and the other on the driver side rear 1/4 panel
    -vynal roof that is in good shape
    -a/c doesn;t work
    -passenger side door lock doesn;t work
    -there is a knocking noise out of the engine- said that there is no ill effects
    -to safety the beast a gasket needs to be put into the exhaust system ( he says)
    -it has been used to haul a boat and a trailer to the cottage

he said that the previous owner (the guy next door) oil sprayed it w/ something but he doesn;t know what.

i live in canada, the guy is willing to emission test it but not safety it.

he says 900$ obo. what do you think? the engine noise worries me the most, i can fix the door locks and a/c is a nice luxury but i can survive w/out it.

any help would be great. please and thanks. simon

As long as you're keeping oil in it and the pressure is good, a car can drive for years with a slight knock.

My money's saying it's pulling a boat with an uncared-for car that started the knock.

I'm thinking $900 is a bit much. The wagon my dad bought only has 105k, needs two window motors, the radio, thermostat, and one plastic piece in the door lock assembly. No rust at all, mint interior, and he only paid $2,000 which some said was high even for that shape.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

as long as the frame and the body mounts are good and it's not leaking huge pulldes i'd offer 500-600 cash

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

:stupid:

Offer 500-600 and don't negociat any higher than 700.

Comment

Remember they're Kanadian dollars. I'd say no more than $700. If you were near Chicago, I'd have a parts car for ya. Sounds like my car is in better condition than that one.

Comment

i am skeptical about this noise. the way he described it, it sounds like a valve spring problem. but there are nt springs its hydraulics. so i have no clue about this noise. i was thinking of running a compersion test on the cylinders.

suggestions and commenrts please.

Comment

A 2dr is worth it.

Esp an EFI one. Drop an HO motor in it, and go
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
                A 2dr is worth it.

Esp an EFI one. Drop an HO motor in it, and go FAST
                Fixed it for ya!
                2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Thanks!
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by simon
                    i am skeptical about this noise. the way he described it, it sounds like a valve spring problem. but there are nt springs its hydraulics. so i have no clue about this noise. i was thinking of running a compersion test on the cylinders.

suggestions and commenrts please.
                    Rod knock. I'll bet lunch on it. Typical for the mileage if its not been well cared for. Like freshmeat said, if it has oil pressure, it'll run for years like that as long as you don't beat on it, but pretty much its going to need an engine sooner or later, depending how far gone it is and how much you baby it. Mechanical oil pressure guage will tell you much in this case methinks.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                    X