Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sly
    replied
    I used a utility knife to cut out the passenger side lower mount rubber to allow the radiator to sit in there. The metal part is the same size as the driver side, just with more rubber to fit the skinnier radiator. Got another driver side upper mount and put that on the passenger side. Done.

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    Originally posted by matth825 View Post
    D9AZ-8125-C is the part number for the bigger lower passenger side radiator rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good info, thanks

Leave a comment:

• matth825
    replied
    D9AZ-8125-C is the part number for the bigger lower passenger side radiator rubber.

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    My Spectra radiators arrived today from Carid. Super fast shipping. Arrived in two days !!. Inspected them and they look good. Well packed. For the price, it is a no brainer. Might wait until after winter to install them.

Leave a comment:

• Rodentkiller
    replied
    Mustang radiators will not fit our cars if you have a 1-core radiator.I thought og putting a 2-core radiator but one look told me it won't fit on the passenger side. Try Radiator Express to order a 2-core radiator if it will fit your car.

Leave a comment:

• matth825
    replied
    Radiator

I cringed having to buy it since it was Chinese made but the spectra ones are too so I said what the hell. I think the only option for an American made aluminum one is to have griffin build a custom one. I read so-so reviews about them and they blew me off when I inquired about one.

I can say this...the liland one does seem well built for what it is. Fit right in without issues. Time will be the true test however. If I get 5 years before it leaks I’ll call that a win.

Last edited by matth825; 09-16-2020, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    I would measure what you have now. Verify measurements with the replacement that you are looking at. If you have the police package 351 chances are you have the wider pads to support the wider radiator. The 302 is the smaller pads. I ordered the CU547 as it is a bit larger with what appears to be the standard pads even though mine has the police package but with the 302. I did not want to go with the thin one core. Too thin. The Three core is available if needed but why unless you really need it like driving in the desert.
    I was looking at the Liland that RA. has. I just did not know anything about the name or quality. I TRY not to get China made junk. I don't think anyone makes products like they used to. Good brands or not.

Leave a comment:

• matth825
    replied
    The cars with the larger radiators used different mounts since the passenger side tank was thicker.You’ll have to modify the passenger side lower mount. You’ll also need a second driver side upper mount to use on the passenger side top.

I’ll look up the part numbers for the mounts later on and post them here. I was able to find NOS mounts on eBay a while back when I put my larger radiator in.

You might want to check out the liland global 547aa2r. It’s an all aluminum version of the cu552 so it will still require the different mounts. I installed it in my 85 and really like it. Rock Auto has them for 160 bucks or so.

Leave a comment:

• 1985crownvicltd85
    replied
    My car still has its original 2 core Rad, will I have to modify anything to get the Cu552 Rad to fit? Or am I better off getting the Cu547, thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    yeah.... LTD is baby LTD no matter the vehicle up to 86 in the parts lists it seems like. Mark VI seems to also have the wrong parts listed for wheel bearings.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    Look it up for a Towncar just in case. Same radiator, less chance of confusion. I remember running into that problem with brakes on an 85 Vic, they kept giving us 85 LTD parts and those do not fit.

Leave a comment:

• Kodachrome Wolf
    replied
    Spectra CU547 is the normal replacement.
    Spectra CU552 is the HD brass one.

More than likely, you should have no issue using the CU547.

Also, side note, it seems 1985 Ford LTD CV on some parts sites/catalogs has been errantly listed to also use the Fox chassis radiator. Don’t think that would work too well.
    Last edited by Kodachrome Wolf; 08-20-2020, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1985crownvicltd85
    started a topic Radiator

Radiator

Does anyone know the correct spectra premium Radiator I would have to buy for my 85 vic, thanks for the help.
    Last edited by 1985crownvicltd85; 08-20-2020, 05:09 PM.
Working...
X