X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM_Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
    Does a restrictor give you more heat? I put a new heater core in my 90 without ATC and I barely get any heat out of it. Even with the 195 degree thermostat. WagonMan
    Gives you less heat. When I replaced my core I used it since it was in the box and with all the hubbub about restrictors back then put it in. Removed it when winter hit for more heat. Never ran restrictors in my Generals, sure don't see any need for it with a ford.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    Some folks use a cheap socket as a restrictor. So I doubt there's any need to worry about the hole size. As long as there's flow, you will get heat.

Leave a comment:

• Brown_Muscle
    replied
    I what size is the recommended washer hole to use? If you go too small I'm guessing heat output will suffeR?

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    Only way to get effective cleaning of water without choking the flow rate horribly is to have a lot of filter surface area.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    He went all "overkill is underrated" on it.
    THIS.
    I put a "small diesel" style setup on my cars.

That said, my wife's car was really bad with the chunks and debris in the coolant system and the first filter clogged up in 2 weeks which was just about 50 miles of driving. The next one about 2 months. Then I managed to last until oil changes after that.

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    He went all "overkill is underrated" on it.

Leave a comment:

• mcb82gt
    replied
    Originally posted by sly View Post
    I used the flush T on the heater core input line and just ran hoses from that to the filter (in from engine, out to heater core). I used the following item from Amazon to do it and mounted it on a makeshift bracket I made.
    Filter mount:

Filter:

Reader's Rides post:
    Wife's car: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post806998
    The cake: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post811320
    Whoa! I was envisioning something inline like a clear fuel filter thing made bigger for coolant lines.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    I used the flush T on the heater core input line and just ran hoses from that to the filter (in from engine, out to heater core). I used the following item from Amazon to do it and mounted it on a makeshift bracket I made.
    Filter mount:

Filter:

Reader's Rides post:
    Wife's car: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post806998
    The cake: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post811320

Leave a comment:

• mcb82gt
    replied
    Originally posted by sly View Post
    I was using the flush T as a restrictor until I put in the coolant filter. That's a good restrictor too.
    Any info on the coolant filter? I think that would be good on his car. Coolant was very rusty cruddy after several flushes it better, but not perfect.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    Originally posted by mcb82gt View Post
    Sly, are you running a restrictor? Think ill just jam a 1/2 socket in there and hose clamp it.
    I was using the flush T as a restrictor until I put in the coolant filter. That's a good restrictor too.

Leave a comment:

• mcb82gt
    replied
    Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
    Does a restrictor give you more heat? I put a new heater core in my 90 without ATC and I barely get any heat out of it. Even with the 195 degree thermostat. WagonMan
    Just did my sons core. It blows 165 degrees out the floor vent. Plenty toasty!

Were your blend and mode door ok in the hvac box?

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    no, it just makes the core less likely to pop if you wind the engine up a bunch.

Leave a comment:

• WagonMan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kodachrome Wolf
    replied
    I’ve got a 13mm in mine.

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    I am running the official item.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X