This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ButtSlappingPirate
    I am now focusing on tech in this section. I have learned my lesson.....
    Thanks.........I Love You man......

Comment

Would a Mark VIII be more effecient via reduced drag, or would the bottom feeder cause too high underhood temps? Maby I should try for a 12-11 second car. This aint a 70 Torino, as a frind of mine put it.
      2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

I seriously wouldnt cast you out if u bought a mark 8.

In fact, id envy you.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by BlazingStang
          Would a Mark VIII be more effecient via reduced drag, or would the bottom feeder cause too high underhood temps? Maby I should try for a 12-11 second car. This aint a 70 Torino, as a frind of mine put it.
          Did you know that a 70 Torino, even on a diet, is a 4000+lb car with a big block and driver?
          I have seen some quick Mark VIIIs. They are not the cheapest car to mod though.

Comment

Grand, are we altering posts?

Comment

Grand, are we altering posts?
              Not if we play nice.

Comment

I am not going to play nice if my posts are being altered. I was led to believe that this site would not pull things like that, and if there is a problem with what I say, they need to tell me in private or in public. If Eric edited it...I know exactly why.
                GerbilRacer, I think you are a schmuck with an attitude problem, and nothing you do or say is going to change that. You toss together a car or two, and that suddenly makes you on par with Jack Roush, and anything anybody else has to say is bunk by your estimation? No, you came here to satisfy your ego, to feel important, to preach to people who you think are children.... I came here because I was invited. I hate "the other site", I hate everything they stand for, and I also hate the absolute walking vermin that posts over there, the chickenshit AOD included, and in being invited over here, I find comrades with a common cause....
                I know a few things, and I post them AS OPINION PIECES, to be used as suggestions, not to be the baseline of all knowledge. If I have a problem with what someone says technically, I ask them for more information....You? Your ego takes over. Your world rules all.
                You started this fight, and I am going to finish it. To "edit" or to try to censor what I say in retaliation gives the impression that we are free to start fights at any time here, WITHOUT RETRIBUTION FOR OUR ACTIONS, because someone might have a weak stomach at the thought of someone defending himself. I did not come here to start shit like you did, and the only time I have a problem, with any of my other forums I post on, is when some self-absorbed asshole like you, GerbilRacer, comes aboard, and thinks that he is the only person on this planet that ever tossed together a car that makes peelie noises.
                But of course, you are now above all of this strife, trying to give the oily impression that you just can't understand what I might be upset about, as you are supposedly just a poor Christian churchgoer that is being assaulted by some whacko, poor little GerbilRacer.....
                But hey, I suspect that this will be edited too....

Comment

Fine............you're right............I appologize.
                  No one should infringe on your God given rite to make an ass of yourself by giving up on showing that you have worthwile tech information, and demonstrating your uncanny skill at inventing brilliant names like Gerbilracer.
                  Besides, do you have something against gerbils? Gerbils need love too. :rock:

Comment

I am not going to play nice if my posts are being altered. I was led to believe that this site would not pull things like that, and if there is a problem with what I say, they need to tell me in private or in public.
                    OK.....I am telling you right now......in public. I have a problem with what you say. It's not that I don't have a thick skin, or that I can't take shit. I can play grabass with you until that is all that the tech section becomes is the ButtSlappingPirate vs Mercracer show. All that would do is give the site less credibility. Let's keep the grabass in the Battlefield, shall we?
                    I do sincerely appologize if my opinions came off too strong when we were discussing intakes and torque converters, and I appologize if I did not correct you politely enough regarding 302/351W trivia, but you were off in some of what you presented as facts.
                    If you want to discuss Ford trivia in a civil manor, I would be happy to do so. I have been collecting and building Fords and Mercurys and parts for these cars since the early 80's. I was learning and helping build Ford cars since the late 70's. I will tell you only once that it is pointless for you to play the "insult the other guy's credentials" game, because I truly do not care what your opinion of me is.
                    I will also be the first to say that I do not have all of the answers nor do I intend to pretend to. I do have 25+ years experience with Fords, but I am no Jack Roush. Neither are you. I do have strong opinions on matters and am willing to discuss them if you are willing to get over your feathers being ruffled. I am not too timid to let someone know when I dissagree with them, and I will discuss matters with someone else if they dissagree with what I have to say.
                    That is....IF they are willing to act like an adult.
                    I do think that there is room on this site for the both of us.

One more thing................no poor Christian Church goer here.
                    Just a Catholic Knight with Marine Corps experience and an attitude. I am not afraid of a fight, just smart enough to know when a fight doesn't make sense.

There......how's that for a rant.

Now let's please get back to tech :rock:

Comment

:slug: ok guys if youre gonna battle, go to the battlefield from now on please!
                      i hate to moderate anything much, but i will i have to, try to keep this area free from arguing and bs and keep it car related, that's all i ask
                      good night.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                      X