Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Questions.

So some quick questions.

When the car is idling in park the car surgues.
    Thermostat?

Doing this for as long as I can remeber, when the car is given a quick jolt of gas from idle, it chokes and then goes. Still havn't gotten an asnwer on that.
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

I'd think IAC or TPS. Possibly vacuum leak.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Mine does that too, has been since I put the motor in. Vac leaks in my case, and I'll bet yours too. Check the soup can, the parking brake auto-release, and the line that tees off the cruise and runs down around to the smog pump area. I've also had the evap canister line that feeds over by the battery get cut by the belt. TPS and IAC are also very possible, but its still a good idea to check out your vac system, especially on the common leak areas.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Every CV/GM I've ever driven did that. It's just something to accept.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

None of mine do it... :P
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

many things will cause a idle surge, vacuum leaks are a primary cause.

Checking the ECM for codes will narrow down if there are any sensor faults.
            2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
            89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
            88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

I can't chek the codes.

Hmm. I'll double check all the vacumm lines. I acutally broke 2 and replaced them. Maybe somewhere else.

Thanks.
              -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
              Supermotors

Comment

Yes... you can check the codes. use a test light or analog VOM.

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

??

4 Door Muscle
                  Supermotors

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHawkA4
                    ??
                    Do some searching on checking the codes or buy a shop manual or EFI bible. All the info you need is in there. I have 3 different EFI books, 2 of which are considered the "EFI Bible"

Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

it appears I have to do EVERYTHING.....

Comment

There's no 5.0 there.

4 Door Muscle
                        Supermotors

Comment

Follow those directions, you have those same connectors under your hood, go pull your codes

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHawkA4
                            There's no 5.0 there.
                            You can't be serious. :drug:

Follow the EEC-IV instructions, there are no special steps for the 5.0L

Comment

Working...
                            X