No announcement yet.

$50 1985 grand marquis questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know what FORD stands for right? Fix It Again Tony..........

Comment

It isnt that easy, heres an abbreviated summary, you need to drop your tank and remove your old fuel pump and put in a hose for a pickup, you need a low pressure pump, if you run a mechanical you need to either dremel out the fuel pump mount or get another timing chain cover. Then you need to run the fuel line. Put on the 4bbl intake, mount the carb and run fuel lines to it. Then you must get a duraspark II ignition + distributor or go with an MSD ignition. You will also need a Lokar TV cable. Check out my 4bbl swap parts thread, and look at this site if you are still interested. http://www.jason.fletcher.net/tech/e...b/cfi-carb.htm

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by colinlesser
        you know what FORD stands for right? Fix It Again Tony..........
        I thought that was Fiat? I forgot what ford was.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

it was a joke, dale gribble said that on king of the hill about hanks truck, hank called him a dumbass cause its FIAT, ford is Found On Road Dead

Comment

I remeber that episode, too...

Wasnt it one of the first ones?
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

yea it was the Pilot episode

Comment

I knew it!

so if ya wanna convert to carb, I know all about that
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i need a extra set of hands is what i need, im in KC

Comment

Damn I've seen that episode too. I just didnt catch on!

Comment

Thats a shame, you all should know your king of the hill.
                      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

BAD NEWS!!!!

ok the head gasket is fried im pretty sure cause the upper rad hose is building pressure and the idle is increasing, anyone wanna come help me do head gaskets on it? Please i live in kansas city MO but i have a heated garage

Comment

I'm 17, never worked on a car before, and I did my head gaskets properly, if that helps. You just need some time, a haynes manual, and a bunch of craftman socket wrenches and a torque wrench. IF your head gasket is blown, the engine is probably a little cruddy inside and the heads are probably warped. Maybe you should put some rebuilt mustang E7TE heads on there, that would fix the warpage issue and give you about 30 more horsepower (flame on).
                          1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

i dont have the money to buy new heads, im hoping i wont have to get them worked over but if i do it will only be $160 for both heads

Comment

yeah $160 sounds about right, mine were like $180 for a mill, valve job, seal job, and bead blasting and guide checking.
                              1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

hey does anyone have a passanger side turn signal lense they could spare?

Comment

Working...
                                X