No announcement yet.

351 efi buildup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did we delete his post? Sounds like he was agreeing with me....but hey, that's why GT gets paid the big bucks...

Comment

Contrary to popular thought, GT didnt delete it.

But thats why THEY get paid the big bucks
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I bought a pair of used GT40 iron heads. They are not Ps. A 351W head bolt will not fit through the head bolt holes, I tried. At least some regular GT40 heads are not drilled for the 1/2" head bolts.

The early v8 Explorers(1996) had regular GT40 heads and a different EGR setup than the later GT40p Explorer engines.

I don't know where my heads came from. My guess is a Cobra or an Explorer. I understand some marine 302s had GT40 heads too.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TommyN
          I bought a pair of used GT40 iron heads. They are not Ps. A 351W head bolt will not fit through the head bolt holes, I tried. At least some regular GT40 heads are not drilled for the 1/2" head bolts.

The early v8 Explorers(1996) had regular GT40 heads and a different EGR setup than the later GT40p Explorer engines.

I don't know where my heads came from. My guess is a Cobra or an Explorer. I understand some marine 302s had GT40 heads too.

Tom
          Gee, I thought I read from someone that all the GT40 heads had 1/2 bolt holes?
          Looks like the heads are not the only places where we are beginning to find some holes....

Comment

Originally posted by ButtSlappingPirate
            Looks like the heads are not the only places where we are beginning to find some holes....
            ------------------------
            Edited Edited Edited
            -----------------------
            In the remote chance that TommyN and my Butt buddy aren't connected, I won't insult TommyN. Phayzer says that they are not the same, so I will go on that premise for now.
            ------------------------------
            Edited
            ------------

Either way, I have been using buying/selling Explorer motors and Mustang GT-40 heads as well as FRPP GT-40 heads. I have yet to see a set of 7/16 head bolt machined GT-40 (notP) heads.

Comment

TommyN isnt some alter ego of bsp...

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
              '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
              '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

What are the casting numbers? What is the date code from both heads?
                Any Pics?

Comment

Alright guys, settle.

Wish I had some GT40s :nonono:
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
                    Originally posted by ButtSlappingPirate
                    ------------------------
                    Edited Edited Edited
                    -----------------------
                    In the remote chance that TommyN and my Butt buddy aren't connected, I won't insult TommyN. Phayzer says that they are not the same, so I will go on that premise for now.
                    ------------------------------
                    Edited
                    ------------

Either way, I have been using buying/selling Explorer motors and Mustang GT-40 heads as well as FRPP GT-40 heads. I have yet to see a set of 7/16 head bolt machined GT-40 (notP) heads.

HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFGROTFLMAOAPMPIEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we grasping for straws now?

Do you think I would stoop so low as to create an alter-ego to assault you? No, whatever I may be called, I will at least assault you to your face.

I apologize, site owner, I will keep my comments inside of the battlefield if GerbilRacer will do the same....

Comment

*kick* roll *SPLASH*
                      2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
                        What are the casting numbers? What is the date code from both heads?
                        Any Pics?
                        The heads are on my 302 now. The GT is visible on them as are the 3 bars on the front of the heads. Is the date code on the bottom surface, like the casting number is or is it under the valve cover? If it is under the valve cover, I can pull those in the spring and take a look see. I have pics of the engine with the heads on it, but no pics of the heads off the motor.

I bought the heads used 4 years ago when I did heads, cam, intake, injectors, MAF, injectors, and long tubes on my 90 LX 5.0. Since then, I have sold off the injection parts and converted to carburation because the old setup surged pretty bad at traffic lights. The car runs about the same ET with the carb setup as it did injected, 12.84 best for carb and 12.87 best for injected. It doesn't compare to guys that have got their Fox cars into the 12s with a stock HO motor, but it is what it is.

Tom

Comment

back to the original question you can use your original 302 brackets on a 351W in this picture the bracket is off of my 85 302 and is bolted onto a 89 351W you just put the bolts in the two holes that are unused on the 302.
                          also i put in a 100amp alt. out of a taurus i just had to modify the alternator adjustment bracket (just cut an ear and re-drilled a hole to account for the larger diameter alt.
                          http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                          http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Date code is on top of the heads visible with the valve covers off.

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf
                              back to the original question you can use your original 302 brackets on a 351W in this picture the bracket is off of my 85 302 and is bolted onto a 89 351W you just put the bolts in the two holes that are unused on the 302 also i put in a 100amp alt. out of a taurus i just had to modify the alternator adjustment bracket (just cut an ear and re-drilled a hole to account for the larger diameter alt.
                              Have you tried it with the water pump on the motor? Have you tried to mount the acc. in the brackets and see if the pulleys line up?

Comment

yes everytthing is mounted and lines up perfectly all i am only a oilpan and a flex-plate and the bolts for the crank pulley, i will try to get pics today since my canton pan is coming ups today
                                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Working...
                                X