GT40 heads i have friedn who has them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT40 heads i have friedn who has them

well i have a friend who has them and they need new rockers adn everything. but even if i spend 600 bux on still brand new heads. now can these work with carberatored car b/c i was planing to do the conversion? How much off a gain would i get. I m even thinking of porting and polishing
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

GT-40 heads will work fine fro a carb motor. I think they say 40hp for GT-40 heads.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

you can use the rockers off of your heads. Get 'em if they aren't too expensive. I have a set on my car and they work well.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

They are great heads better than The P heads. I do CNC port and pollish on them for around 800 including seat work more or less depending on there condition and what you want done.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

See how much an explorer short block will cost you before you going buying those heads. I wish I would have saved my pennies and gone that route instead of buying the parts to go HO.
          -Matt
          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

i get heads for free i m not spending pennies tolll i rebuild and port and polish them
            sigpic
            1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Matt, I think you mean long block.....like my 1500 buck complete motor. Oil pan to intake, brand new. I wish I had the money to send the heads and intake out and get them worked over.

Comment

there are all valves and springs and retainers on it now thats it...still need rods and rockers and vavles need to be reseated and they are stock from a ho 302 86 i belive and i was thinking what should i do to get the most out of them new springs right give me a price range nadi ll probly put new springs and rockers in and send it out for porting polishing and reseating how much woul this cost me
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                  Matt, I think you mean long block.....like my 1500 buck complete motor. Oil pan to intake, brand new. I wish I had the money to send the heads and intake out and get them worked over.

Where'd you get that for $1500??

Comment

Just to be shure here GT40s didnt come stock on a 86. Not really a big problem if they are ported air flow is not much different. Need to know what cam you will be running. 800 includes burn and blast, CNC port, our seat and valve work, swirl pollish your valves, proper springs for most cams, valve HT set. Guide replacement, high end springs, retianers, keepers, valves, machined for guide plates. With proper cam intake, exhaust and injectors 400 HP around 6000 RPM is posssible

Comment

Stock E7s flow around 140 or 150 CFM @ .500 lift, ported they will flow over 220 CFM @ .500 lift. Plus air flow will be increased at each lift point over the stock ports. I can also select a cam that would work best for what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonh
                        Where'd you get that for $1500??
                        Dahmer powertrain. I got a complete 96 Explorer motor from them. $1750 to my door. One guy on corral worked for them.

Comment

so the carb i bought from central 50 will work on this with no prob right and i ll probly get and elbrack performer intake
                          sigpic

Comment

A performer intake only flows around 150 CFM, a RPM or a Air Gap RPM around 170, a Torker around 190, a Vr Jr around 208. Use either the Torker or Victor Jr. with our ported heads and with a cam around 220 duration @.050 and .500 lift for best results in a heavy car. A .450 cam with around 210 duration @ .050 and Torker or RPM, Stock lift a RPM manifold. A 600 to 750 vacuum secondary would work best depending on your cam. You have to match the complete package or you loose power.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b
                              A performer intake only flows around 150 CFM, a RPM or a Air Gap RPM around 170, a Torker around 190, a Vr Jr around 208. Use either the Torker or Victor Jr. with our ported heads and with a cam around 220 duration @.050 and .500 lift for best results in a heavy car. A .450 cam with around 210 duration @ .050 and Torker or RPM, Stock lift a RPM manifold. A 600 to 750 vacuum secondary would work best depending on your cam. You have to match the complete package or you loose power.
                              Would those intke flow numbers be the same for a 351W intake, or would they flow more?
                              http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                              http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Working...
                              X