making my car a 347 or keep 302 how muhc $$ would it be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roach III
    You can build your own 347 stroker with ~$1000 can't you? Just take a block to the machine shop for hot bath/magnaflux/boring/honing. Not too expensive there is it? You should be able to find a pre-balanced stroker kit for under $1000.
    True, but what's he going to use on the topend of the engine? It's up to him. Let's see what you can do, 83countrysquire.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
    5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

well shoot i got $1000 budget but I don't think I could get anything for that. I could afford the engine but i don't know about putting it in and getting it to run right. The little things add up with trying to get a rebuilt/different engine to run.
      1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Originally posted by N A
        Go back to the beginning of the thread. You missed the part about 83countrysquire's budget of $1000. $3000 if he goes with a supercharger. Then someone mentioned 400 hp. You can't do it on a $1000 budget.
        The $1000 budget was out the window as soon as a 347 was mentioned. A used set of aftermarket heads and a budget rebuild will yield you a 400HP 351W for ~$1500.

Comment

If the bottom end is in good condition you can do a HCI package and get plenty of power

The cheapest cast stroker kits ife seen are 650-700. Just remember you get what you pay for.

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Working...
          X