oil leak pt.2 (lower intake manifold)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ltdcrwnvic
    P.O.S. these cute lil things here arent very nice at all lol, they were a bit hard to take off and cutting da fuel lines to take em off wasnt cool, now i know wat gas tastes like, literally lol. how can i check if all injectors are operational?

No tools for you.......one year!!! :naughty:

You made a pile of more work for yourself by cutting the lines. The cheap line tool set is less than $10. They are split plastic discs that slide into the fittings and release the springs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
      No tools for you.......one year!!! :naughty:
      Start calling you the "Box Nazi"
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
        Start calling you the "Box Nazi"

Attached Files

Comment

damnit, i knew i was workin a lil too hard on it apologies my good men(whats da name of dat tool for future reference?), for that reason i will work double time 2morow and hopefully get it done. i know i know, why havent i finished it off yet? im taking my sweet ass time and well i think you'll like the results. hope you like: (no nazi) lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1244088

Name:	Picture11.jpg
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1244089

Name:	Picture12.jpg
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1244090

Name:	Picture13.jpg
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1244091

Name:	Picture14.jpg
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1244092

Name:	Picture15.jpg
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1244093

Name:	Picture16.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1244094

Name:	Picture17.jpg
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1244095

Name:	Picture18.jpg
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1244096
          wtf is dat, lol

Name:	Picture19.jpg
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1244097

Comment

some more...

Name:	Picture20.jpg
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	1244099

Name:	Picture21.jpg
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1244100

Name:	Picture22.jpg
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1244101
            right under dat yellow sticker/paper on da middle left of da pic, where da rear rubber seal goes, thats where i suspect da leak was located at. a tiny crack on da cork seal and some oil running was noticeable.

Name:	Picture23.jpg
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1244102
            after taking it off, i inspected it for holes dat might cause a leak and surprisingly no holes watsoever. keep it or take it off? im planning on takin off da smog pump anyways. if i do, how do i plug da holes? i remember on a previous post u guys suggested just sawing da 'ears' off dat pipe and placing them backwards right? more info on this please....

Name:	Picture24.jpg
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1244103

Name:	Picture25.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1244104

Comment

sunday-hopefully last day of work and this happens

Name:	Picture28.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1244115

managed to take these b4 it started pouring

Name:	Picture26.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1244116
              clean enough to eat out off?

Name:	Picture27.jpg
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1244117

on another note, after cleanin it...

Name:	Picture29.jpg
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1244118
              slice/rip in one of da rubber or plastic hoses in da back of da fuel lines, easy fix though, but good to find it

Name:	Picture30.jpg
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1244119
              should i replace da injectors while they're out? how many #lbs are da ones we use? or a slight better fuel economy ones or better performance wise? brand?

theres alot of talk on here about da timing of our cars. dont know if i may have or havent messed up da timing, i have a pretty good idea of where da distributor was when i took it off. by 'ear', timing light, shop? wats da best? i have no timing light or have any knowledge of doing it by ear, sounds easy but wouldnt know how to do it properly. i read dat post from another thread on crownvic.net and well i think i can do it. another thing, when i unplugged da wires going to da cap, i numbered them and all but now after all da oil everywhere, da #'s are gone and im lost AGAIN, anyone have a diagram of how the wires go on da cap? or which # is which on da cap, only one there is da #1. and even then im not too sure about it being for dat reason. help?
              Last edited by ltdcrwnvic; 07-16-2006, 01:03 AM.

Comment

wat #lbs injectors are da ones our cars use? fuel economy ones or better performance? brands?

Comment

14# injector, keep the stock size.

Where did the goop go from the intake? Make sure you pull the drain plugs out of the oil pan and dump some kerosene down there before you even consider starting that motor, otherwise any loose junk will get sucked right into the oil pickup and you'll be needing a motor.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

wat goop do u mean? where was it leaking from or where was dat charcoal found? karosene? u mean pouring some down these holes right?

Name:	Picture27a.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1244120
                    or which ones? has to be karosene, cant be gasoline?
                    Last edited by ltdcrwnvic; 07-16-2006, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                      14# injector, keep the stock size.

Where did the goop go from the intake? Make sure you pull the drain plugs out of the oil pan and dump some kerosene down there before you even consider starting that motor, otherwise any loose junk will get sucked right into the oil pickup and you'll be needing a motor.
                      Motor oil is just fine. It doesn't take much residual kerosene, gasoline, etc. to kill a fresh batch of oil and start killing your motor.

Comment

I just meant all the garbage that was under the intake. If it got knocked loose and down into the motor, it will clog up the oil pickup when you fire the engine up. Anything to flush it down and out will work, just make sure its all cleared out before you put the oil pan plugs back in and refill it with oil. I only suggested kerosene because its what that engine flush garbage is. Kero is also fairly cheap. You can also use engine oil, or if you happen to be changing the oil on another vehicle, use the used motor oil as a flush, either way is fine but just make sure any loose junk has been flushed out of the lifter galley and out of the engine otherwise its gonna die.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i can pour oil down into da engine from these holes right?

Name:	Picture27a.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1244121

Comment

well i flushed da engine wit 2 quarts of oil just to be sure, and damn, when drained about 1/4 - 1/2 of antifreeze was in da engine. good info on drainin da oil. removed da front bolt of da oil pan and no antifreeze to be found there but still was flushed for gunk. bolts back on, head gaskets on, rubber rear/front seals on wit some rtv silicon. lower intake back on and bolted tight. i decided to leave on da air valve pipe dat runs from head to head just b/c it has no leaks in it and well im not quite ready to take off da smog pump yet. 2morow(monday) ill be cleanin, sandin, and painting my valve covers so they look extra sharp before puttin da upper intake back on. blaze, merc, thanx for da continuous help

Comment

I love that grille!

Got more pics?
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

thanx, i sure do heres a couple:

Name:	Picture33.jpg
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1244125Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture34.jpg
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1244126Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture51.jpg