Led Load Equalizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led Load Equalizer

Wanting to put LED bulbs in, got these load equalizers for the blinkers to work but I’m not sure which wire the quick connect goes on. Any idea? (Rear blinker wires of a 91 Grand Marquis)

You will need one on each side of the car. Whether it's up front or in the trunk doesn't matter. Brown is parking lights - leave it alone. Black is ground - you can use this for one end of the resistor if not bolting to the body. The other wire is the one for the stop/turn - connect to this one.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Alternatively the flasher units can be changed to electronic units.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

yes, electronic flasher. No point in using an LED just to waste the same amount of power in a resistor instead.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My EL12 (electronic flasher) needs at least 1 exterior bulb load worth to flash reasonably (at all)... so there's that. That's why I have a resistor per side on my 93 with all the LEDs as well.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

this links an led thread, posts #7- #9 are on topic

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/forum/te...ith-lcm-bypass
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I fixed all this by running standard bulbs that illuminate the housings like they did in 1986 and using an old style mechanical blinker that makes the proper noise.

also the cruise control doesn't work with all LED

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                I fixed all this by running standard bulbs that illuminate the housings like they did in 1986 and using an old style mechanical blinker that makes the proper noise.

also the cruise control doesn't work with all LED
                And get off my lawn!
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've not even used cruise on my car for about 7-8 years anyhow... I should try it to confirm that the canbus capable LEDs in my center high mount actually provide enough load for it.

Comment

likely the canbus types will do it will be good to know.
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Tried it out last night finally. Works like a champ in my 93. This has the stand-alone module and triggers on the brake switch like the boxes IIRC. I also have the resistors for the blinkers on the tail lamps instead of the front blinkers (was easier), but I think the cruise cancel brake trigger is on the center high mount. LCM vehicles shouldn't have the issue with the cruise cancel I don't think. Those just have the fast flash issue.

Comment

Great maybe someday I will swap out the CHMSL on the Marauder just to complete the conversion.
                        02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

These are the LEDs I used in the CHMSL...
                          https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P45N3LR/

Comment

Working...
                          X