Power Antenna Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Antenna Replacement

Anyone know where the power antenna motor is located in a 91 GM? Mine went out a while ago and I recently found another unit. Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks!

It is located inside the right fender, by the door. You have to loosen the black inner splash shield of the fender and pry it out of the way. Top of antenna assembly has a lock nut, the bottom has a tiny bolt (Try not to lose it!). The antenna has two plugs, one for the power. the other for the radio hook up. Hope this helps. WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

+1 that top nut on the antenna requires a special tool. You can use needle nose piers twisted by another set of pliers or wrench sometimes if the points of the needle nose will fit in the slots. Some have fashioned tools from flat stock to do the job.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I have run into antennas on these that did not have a plug for the antenna part, and had to be fished all the way out from the dashboard. I hope yours isn't one of those because its not a fun job.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That would be enough for me to cut, splice and crimp on a connector just to avoid that. But then I have to tools to do that with coax... so there's that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

these use weird coax though. Instead of the usual foam or solid plastic core with the wire in the middle, its more like a hollow plastic tube with a strand of wire fished through it.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If 1991MGM500​ got the correct antenna, there is a junction for the radio cable just behind the glove box door,(90-91 only). 89 and down you have to fish the cable all the way to the radio. WagonMan
              89 Colony Park
              90 Colony Park
              70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Working...
              X