No announcement yet.

Piotr's 359ci Windsor Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll go 1 3/4 long tubes later, shorties will work for now. More as a result of my latest impulse buy. Cant afford a floor shifter and the time to tweak em right now. When I go TKO or 3550 I'll get full length headers.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

oohoohooo nice!
      sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Wow! That's one clean engine bay. Are you going to leave the HVAC stuff deleted? What are your plans on a hood to clear the carb and intake?

Comment

Thanks mangs, HVAC stuff is gone for good. I wish I coulda painted the firewall and inner fenders the body color, seems like a primer coat is in there now. But I'm not gonna run a hood till I get a 2 or 3in cowl scoop molded in. I'm gonna paint the hood with flat black paint after that and get hood pins.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

Going to use the hood off the 85?
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yea, gonna butcher it up and lighten it as much as I can.

Comment

Great job on the firewall. Paint up that master cylinder and it is money!
                2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Just got another can of paint for it and some other stuff... I dont care about the booster too much tho, it'll be replaced by a smaller one from an aero vic soon to make room to run a clutch cable.

I also picked up all my fuel line fittings and am gonna start sumping the tank and running the line tomorrow on my day off. I want to make it as clean as possible. Nothing looks worse than poorly bent tubing. The tough part is I am using aluminum tube, and its really easy to bend. Hopefully the motor will be in this weekend, but I need to get a torque converter and tranny cooler before I can think about firing the motor. I got enough wiring and stuff to keep me busy tho.

Comment

Its in!

Comment

Wow, that looks awesome!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

what size fuel line you running? 3/8"
                        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Yep 3/8"

Comment

How did you go from talking about a TKO to a T-10 to a toploader?
                            A TKO will take more power than either of the other choices and has better gear ratios. The only Ford pattern T10 trannys were from the 60s. Most were weak units behind small blocks and the higher torque capacity big block T10s are more rare and expensive than a big input toploader.
                            Most toploaders are worn out. By the time you buy and reman a toploader, you will be near the cost of a TKO.

Comment

I say go with a mild C6/ wild C4! OK, I've said it before, and I know thats not an option for you.
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

nice pete looks great did you get rid of the alarm?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                                X