Street Driving with a Dominator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wonder if we can stick four cfi fuel injectors in there

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
      With a carb this big, I better have a good air cleaner to keep the rocks, pinecones, and small children from getting sucked in :evil:
      ...and the Festivas, Metros, and Minis, too.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
        wonder if we can stick four cfi fuel injectors in there
        Scott, give it up.

There is NO performance use for CFI, or CFI parts.

PERIOD.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

48 lb/hr injectors, Adjustable fuel pressure regulator from the factory also...
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
            With a carb this big, I better have a good air cleaner to keep the rocks, pinecones, and small children from getting sucked in :evil:
            I wouldnt really be worrying about an air cleaner at the moment. I'd look into a motor to put it on. Doesnt really do much sitting on a comforter lol. :p

jk man... nice piece

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
            My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

AMC = Ain't My Comforter

Comment

So what sort of totally, ludicrously, beyond-insane engine do you have planned that will require a carb that big?
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Looking to build a 10.2:1 compression 557 cube big block ford. Streetable solid roller cam, P-51 heads, etc...

An engine I won't have to spin over 6K, and will make truckloads of HP and Torque. I have already started collecting parts, and getting the deals when they are there.

I also think that this engine could very well be the death of me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

So what sort of totally, ludicrously, beyond-insane engine do you have planned that will require a carb that big?
                    He's going to bolt-together three Honda VTEC 4-bangers inline, and fabricate a single dominator/based intake manifold feeding all three engines.

However, I don't know what he is going to use the other half of the carb for...

Comment

you got ripped off. your carb is missing a choke.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        you got ripped off. your carb is missing a choke.
                        eh, mine is wired open, just a little pain to got it to stay running when cold in the winter, but that could be because i have no heat risers or anything
                        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                          He's going to bolt-together three Honda VTEC 4-bangers inline, and fabricate a single dominator/based intake manifold feeding all three engines.

However, I don't know what he is going to use the other half of the carb for...

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post
                          eh, mine is wired open, just a little pain to got it to stay running when cold in the winter, but that could be because i have no heat risers or anything
                          Dunno, mine does great with the electric choke and no heat riser. Is yours pretty hard to start?
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I've been starting my car these past few days with an inoperable choke on my 1406 (I didn't have it wired, or adjusted correctly). It takes some finesse, but I'm using to driving a POS.

Here's to Tom building a really bad ass engine to park that dominator on top of...
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I was pleased with my 1405 when I bolted it on, and it never really had a choke...

But, once it was warmed up, that thing ran like a BEAR!

Comment

I've actually never owned a carb vehicle with a working choke. The VW didn't have the provision. The boat has chokes, they theoretically work, but its so goddamn hard to start they may as well not be there.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X