I want to supercharge the LSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    I've discussed a cheap blower setup for Tom's car involving factory equipment....and it's crazy enough to work.
    where was this discussion held? I would like to hear about it!
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      where was this discussion held? I would like to hear about it!
      No, you don't. It involves eating babies.

Comment

I am not sure how i should respond to that. Maybe... mmmm babies?
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

as long as they are crispy and chocolate coated

again i dont want nothing crazy.....6 psi is fine.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I wonder what sort of power you'd make if you built one of Larry's long-rod motors and then added some boost?
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              I wonder what sort of power you'd make if you built one of Larry's long-rod motors and then added some boost?
              He'd have to build the flat-top piston version if he goes with a 302....

I'll dredge up my 'blower' stuff again, later this evening, since it appears that Tom is too big of a chicken to try it out on his P79, lol.

Comment

i was asking the machinist this morning picking up my freshened up gt40 heads, and i asked about building a long rod 351w and he tried selling me a 418 shortblock lol.....i did manage to get a brand new set of crane cobra roller rockers from him for 75 bucks tho

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

He'd have to build the flat-top piston version if he goes with a 302....

I'll dredge up my 'blower' stuff again, later this evening, since it appears that Tom is too big of a chicken to try it out on his P79, lol.
                  so babies will be eaten i see.
                  ~David~

Comment

Must have linky!

Comment

Here's the discussion between Tom and I, concerning the possible blower install. Please keep in mind that this hasn't been done by me before, nor do I have anything set down on paper. This is simply conjecture at this point, but I think it's highly possible, using Thunderbird SC (1989-1995 Super Coupe) components....and with the modded SC parts that are out there (bigger M90 cases, and related better-flowing hardware), I think it's possible to generate a shitload of torque using the information spoken of in this conversation.....

Tom, I might be able to get you set up with a SC intercooler and everything.
                      hot_rod_linkin420: intercooled would rock
                      hot_rod_linkin420: but with 9.5:1 compression? would i et away with it?
                      evilscientistmoose: Okay, let me babble a moment.
                      evilscientistmoose: Here's what I'm thinking.
                      evilscientistmoose: For all intents a purposes, the SC blower is essentially a roots blower, but mounts like a centrifigal.
                      evilscientistmoose: With me so far?
                      evilscientistmoose: What this means, is that it has a hose intake, and a hose output, if I recall correctly.
                      hot_rod_linkin420: yes
                      evilscientistmoose: just like a centrifigal.
                      evilscientistmoose: Shit, all you need is to build a bracket that will hold the blower over to the driver's side of the car, and run intercooler piping back up to the intake.
                      evilscientistmoose: the bitch is going to be the TB
                      evilscientistmoose: hang on, let me think a moment
                      hot_rod_linkin420: ok
                      hot_rod_linkin420: i dont see any reason why you can make the intake face the other way.
                      evilscientistmoose: Here's the one problem I see:
                      evilscientistmoose: We can make this either a blow-through setup, or have the TB be on the intake as it is already.
                      evilscientistmoose: See, the SC blower has the air intake going into the back.
                      evilscientistmoose: the TB is on this manifold.
                      evilscientistmoose: now, with this TB on the SC blower...
                      evilscientistmoose: We don't have to run a TB on your existing intake
                      evilscientistmoose: Follow me so far?
                      hot_rod_linkin420: yes
                      evilscientistmoose: Tom, this is going to be the most bizarre blower setup I've ever seen.
                      evilscientistmoose: And it's crazy enough that it just might work.
                      hot_rod_linkin420: and others may be able to do it too
                      evilscientistmoose: Yes, exactly.
                      evilscientistmoose: Okay, here's the arrangement I'm thinking of:
                      hot_rod_linkin420: ok
                      evilscientistmoose: 1. incoming air goes into the TB on the SC blower.
                      evilscientistmoose: 2. Air exits blower, and runs into a IC
                      evilscientistmoose: Air exits IC, and runs into a stock 90-degree Explorer elbow, with no TB attached.
                      evilscientistmoose: Elbow is attached to Typhoon intake.
                      evilscientistmoose: end of story.
                      evilscientistmoose: Holy shit, this is crazy enough to work.
                      hot_rod_linkin420: It sounds dead nuts simple
                      hot_rod_linkin420: where would the mass air meter go?
                      evilscientistmoose: Are right before the SC tB
                      hot_rod_linkin420: nice
                      evilscientistmoose: just like the stock super coupe arrangement
                      evilscientistmoose: I only see one problem with this arrangement.
                      evilscientistmoose: You'll have to use a T-bird throttle body.
                      evilscientistmoose: and it won't be in the factory position.
                      evilscientistmoose: custom throttle cable time.
                      evilscientistmoose: AND custom TV cable.
                      evilscientistmoose: no, scratch that.
                      evilscientistmoose: just the custom throttle cable.
                      hot_rod_linkin420: manual VB?
                      evilscientistmoose: nope.
                      hot_rod_linkin420: the t-bird TPS should work
                      evilscientistmoose: I forgot that the TV cable attaches to a stock t-bird TB just fine.
                      evilscientistmoose: Yes, it's the same voltage...but the plug is different.
                      evilscientistmoose: some fab work might be needed to install a Fox-style TB instead.
                      hot_rod_linkin420: no problem.
                      evilscientistmoose: But I'd try to make the T-bird unit work first.
                      evilscientistmoose: And it might be possible to make the stock throttle cable work, too.
                      evilscientistmoose: What's really cool about this is that there are loads of blower hop-up parts available right now, dirt cheap.
                      evilscientistmoose: raised tops, bigger air inlet manifolds, etc
                      evilscientistmoose: And you aren't stuck with a SC intercooler, either
                      hot_rod_linkin420: for supercoupes?
                      evilscientistmoose: yes, specifically
                      evilscientistmoose: MPX cases, etc
                      evilscientistmoose: there are some guys running modded M90 cases, and making 500+ HP
                      evilscientistmoose: and this is with a 3.8
                      evilscientistmoose: 4.2 stroker at the very worst

If you have any questions, or anything constructive to add to the conversation here, please do so. Part of this idea was also latching onto Mikey (mrLTD) and his consideration of tossing a blower onto his wagon....and I think I might have a way of doing it. This was another possibility for me to do with my T-bird, but I have severe room issues under the hood of my car, where you guys don't with the Box engine compartments.

I think it's still possible for me to do this sort of thing, but not without some severe changes under the hood of the MN12.

Anyway, enjoy.

Comment

Funky set up. Sounds interesting.
                        ~David~

Comment

evilscientistmoose??

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            evilscientistmoose??
                            Yes. I'm only 'Pirate' on a couple of message boards....I'm 'Moose' of various themes everywhere else; EvilScientistMoose, EvilMooseOfDoom, BorgWarriorMoose, Moose Of Evil, etc.

Comment

I had everything mocked up pretty well on the wagon, M90s have been used in a manner like that many times before, in custom setups and in tyhe BBK instacharger for the FOX mustangs.

There is a guy on corral making 400+ ftlbs at 2000rpm with his setup
                              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Nitirous???
                                2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X