Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
    ok, original crown vic cam
    Mind if i ask why? So you want to slap on some GT40 heads, and use the stock intake as you mentioned in your readers ride thread, and the stock cam? that makes no sense.

If your going to build it, build it right, with matched components.

I'm starting to think i really need to put some of my writeups on this site...

Comment

i need the stock lower intake for the upper manfold i am getting (which flows the same as the explorer, plus I can put my valve covers on) and Im going to advance the timing on the stock cam to move the powerband back, the heads alone should get the improvemnts I would like.
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

you know what? i think i will jus try to find the whole motor out of an explorer and just go from there instead of trying to piece together the original motor. Just kind of piece together the best parts from the explorer and the mustang engine (mustang pistons, etc). Actually that could be a fairly bad-ass buildup
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodLincoln View Post
          I have seen several intakes come off trucks, and the driver's side rear bolt is offset. I haven't examined mine too closely, I thought it would be the same situation, but I guess I should have paid closer attention. Thanks.

Is this on Explorer engines, or on the earlier batch-fire 5.0 F-150s?
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Speed pro hyperuteric pistons are around 180 dollars with rings, and they will clear GT40 heads with most cams up to .600 lift
            1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Working...
            X