No announcement yet.

351 swap intake thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id buy it if it had the EGR spacer.......

Id think that the lower manifold and the EGR space would be worth more then the actual tubular upper itself....

atleast it is to me...
    1987 MGM 126K 2" True Duel flowmaster 40's 3" tipped exhuast, Tinted 20% all way round, individual bank A/F guages, tach.

Comment

i'll do this if i can find a 94-97 truck 351 at ez pull that runs.......already have the lightning egr spacer so thats not an issue, i just am too cheap to pay 600 bucks for an upper and lower intake

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

just got measurements on my lightning intake and on a super vic with a low pro elbow on it

lightning = 11.00
        super vic = 11.50

I think im getting a super vic now to haha

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
        Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
          just got measurements on my lightning intake and on a super vic with a low pro elbow on it

lightning = 11.00
          super vic = 11.50

I think im getting a super vic now to haha
          the things that make you go hmmmmmm
          That is exactly what i needed right there to decide if i wanted to swap in a 351. You sir, just made my day :worship:
          Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

glad I could help haha, it made my day to when I did the measurements. Also if the 1/2'' is the diff in hitting or not i will just lay a folded up newspaper on top of the intake elbow for some clearance and slam the hood on it, I would much rather have a dent on my stock hood '' power pimple '' haha than have a cowl hood on it. But thats just me
            Last edited by 1980c10; 10-25-2009, 08:37 PM.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
            Big plans

Comment

I think you can live with the half inch... I know there's a slight amount of clearance even with that gt40.
              sigpic
              https://www.facebook.com/jason.baker.1614
              1985 P43 Crown Vic, "Lightning Interceptor". Project is back on!
              1987 P72 Crown Vic, EFI 351W (not my conversion), rusty and crusty parts car.
              2006 Ford Fusion, 30MPG, premium sound, daily driver, 200K miles and still going.
              2011 Ford Fucus, 36MPG, Sync, wifey / baby mobile.

Comment

I've been noticing these types of EFI systems being used on 408W stroker engines. I wonder how good they run?

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
                  glad I could help haha, it made my day to when I did the measurements. Also if the 1/2'' is the diff in hitting or not i will just lay a folded up newspaper on top of the intake elbow for some clearance and slam the hood on it, I would much rather have a dent on my stock hood '' power pimple '' haha than have a cowl hood on it. But thats just me
                  Take your hood off and lay fishnet over the engine bay. It shouldn't harm the belts or anything like that, and it will look tough.
                  "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                  X