No announcement yet.

Twin turbo 306 Towncar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the thing DEFINITELY has some snap to it now!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Looks impressive, anyway. What's the current combo on that car?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Right now the recipe is pretty simple:
        Stock Lincoln 5.0 block, crank, connecting rods, bored to 306
        Speed Pro hyper pistons
        ARP rod bolts
        GT40 3 bar heads with 1.7 roller rockers and 3 angle valve job and dual valve springs <- this combo wakes it up after 4000rpms
        GT40 Lower Intake
        Exploder Upper intake
        67mm lightning EGR spacer, 65mm TB
        running stock HO cam advance 4* with 19lb injectors and Mark VII ECU with speed density, 10* of timing - 87 octane
        AC and Smog pump deleted
        Heater core bypassed
        Warm air intake
        Taurus electric fan
        Rebuilt stock AOD with shift kit and B&M 2000 stall
        stock 3.27 open rear end
        17" wheels
        Last edited by 89LincolnTWNcar; 10-08-2009, 12:24 AM.
        1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Just got done with some reliability mods to make the twins happier... Taurus fan, 195* superstat, dual transmission coolers (one in rad, one external) Only stuff I SHOULD do before I add all that power is the BB and rear axle with discs, for safety reasons.
          1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Update? how are things coming along?
            [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3358314"]

Comment

Ahh, update. Still amassing parts for the Big Brake upgrade and and mass air conversion. So far I have spindles, calipers & brackets, pads, rotors, and a 80mm maf. Now I just need the A9l or a9p or a9m computer from a mustang, some 92-94 upper control arms, and a good set of upper and lower balljoints and ES bushings.

Comment

just use some simple common sence t3 flanged turbos are like camaros and mustangs a dime a dz. ide probaly find 2 t3 flanged turbos off some thing in the 2.0-2.3l range. the most common cars ive seen in junkyards are dsm's(eclipse,lazer,talions,exc) 2.3l ford turbo chickens and mustangs,saabs have a hi and lo boost t3 turbo,or for something like 150 you can get a hybrid t3/t4 chinese turbo on ebay.(i know chinese parts suck but thats what thay used on project f-bomb and that maid 890hp on 87octane@406cid.
                persionaly ide probaly go with the saab turbos there probaly less likely to be driven by some kid and beaten to death.

Comment

update: mega junkyard score, somebody Cash4Clunker'd 2 foxes, a 90' and a 92' both with A9L computers. Yard here charges 43.99 for computers so I grabbed both and sold one on ebay for $120 and made my money back and got mine for free. Now all I need is the harness and the MAF conversion is on!

Comment

Nice score.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

awesome.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Just ordered the Mass-Air conversion harness off of ebay. I will start as soon as it gets here. Maybe I will do a detailed how-to with pictures for the MAF conversion on a box Town Car.

Comment

updates? mass air on?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                          Big plans

Comment

Not yet, I decided to wait until after I go to New York over spring break in mid-march.

Comment

Anabelle has been my daily driver for a while, so not much headway has been made as of yet. I do have all the parts for the MAF conversion and it should be going down here soon. I just gotta get one of my other projects rolling so I can take her down for a while.

Comment

the junk in my sig is SD, but you are better off going maf

are you gonna run an fmu or bigger injectors?

seems like 42's and a lightning 90mm maf would the way to go, but being blow through; you'll definately need a serious tune, mail order probably wont cut it

Comment

Working...
                                X