No announcement yet.

The wa-gone plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty good. Will be even better when I can upgrade the pads to hawk HPS. Got it running pretty darn well. The spark plugs and the cap seem
    to be the miss that it's recently developed. The wires stopped most of it, but there is still a wierd miss. I bought a new cap because when I pulled the plug wires off, one of the terminals came right off the cap. It's idling better than ever and hasn't stalled out too many times. Can't wait to take it out Saturday!
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working on a heck of a deal for a 1 1/4" addco front sway bar...New style with endlinks and all. Will definately need to get the back end worked on now. Just need the $$.

Comment

15.36 MPG on the last tank...No highway miles, and I'm kinda heavy footed on the takeoffs...Not bad for a untuned really rich running boat!

Comment

Better than my around town average of 14.0
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

LOL... I'm hoping for 20+ whenever I get a tune.

Comment

I'll be happy with 20 once I get heads on the car that will actually allow it to make some compression.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well, as a last ditch effort, the car is being converted back to SD. I cannot get the car to run halfway decent. All it does is buck and surge under any load. I've replaced everything and tested everything I can think of. MAF, injectors, FPR, distributor, fuel pump, checked the wiring more times than I can remember. Going to try one more thing before that though. I'm going to chnge the vacuum source again to th FPR and see if that changes anything. If not, the SD Mark7 ECU will go back in.

At least I was able to get the spoiler to stop rattling. Had to make metal shims to hold the spoilers in place. The set screws that were in the brackets had punched holes through the spolier and that left everything loose so it could rattle.

Comment

I thought it would be easy to switch from SD to Mass air..
                  YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Nothing is ever easy....

It's friggin easy to swap back to SD though. Disconnect the MAF and swap ECU back. We'll see later on if it helps. Gonna take the car to my parents today, if it still acts up I'm gonna swap the SD ECU in for the trip home.

Comment

Well, the spolier rattle is definately gone! YAY!

Unfortunately, swapping to the old speed density didn't fix the problem. The car still bucks and misses under partial throttle and light to heavy loads. Idles rough, but way better than it did with the SD before I did the MAF conversion. Obviously I really fucked everything up. Never needed the MAF conversion. The clogged fuel system was the cause of the issues. So, at this point I am thinking the motor is hurt internally. The car has a bunch of valvetrain noise. The intake was full of fuel and oil mixture too. Might be a broken rocker and/or bent pushrod. Gonna buy a compression tester on tuesday and try to get the passenger side valvecover off to check the valvetrain. (the pass side is really loud) If this motor is F'd, I don't know what I will do. A 331 stroker would be nice, but I think a stock HO is what I will build for it. Probably just rebuild the motor out of my old 87 vic. Go back to all stock HO stuff.

Comment

Good luck with it all Mike. If you want a hand with anything I'll be free the next few weeks before school starts up again.

Im still trying to figure out what car I want to get back on the road.
                        -Matt
                        1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I should be good, but thanks for the offer.

I have to pull the upper and VC off when I can. Gotta see what's hurt on the motor. Gonna start with the passenger side whenever there is a break in the rain. Might just get a compression tester to narrow it down first, but I don't think it'll show anything because it passes the cylinder balance test.

Comment

Thinking I will keep it SD, since it's not surging anymore. That way I can keep cruise control without doing a bunch of wiring. I'll just leave the MAF and stuff as is, since it looks good. Prolly gut the MAF or find a crappy one to gut.

Comment

So it's fixed now. Damn sparkplugs. Really wierd. But it's running great!

Ordered LPW trans pan, Ultimate rear axle support/cover, and axle stud kit today. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can get some new tires and the car will be completely roadworthy.

Comment

What kind of sparkplugs did you have and which kind do you have now? I've heard the bosch platinum spark plugs are shit, is this true?
                                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                                X