No announcement yet.

What cam should I go with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used that cam you mentioned .533/.544 lift, gt40 non p heads, shorty headers, and the stock ho intake with a 65mm tb. The torque stays above 300 ft lbs from 3000-6000rpm peaking at about 330 ft lbs. If you use the mustang rpm governor which sets the shift point at 5000rpm youll make 292hp. But, if you can find an aftermarket governer (which i believe comes with the transgo hp shift kit) that will allow you to adjust the shift point to 5500-6000 rpm youll gain another 35hp. This engine seems to really like the high revs with that cam, but makes alot of torque as well. Looks like a good combo that you could have some fun with. 70torino429
    __________________mind you this was a desktop dyno but wow id love to see what happens with afr185 or 165 heads yikes!!!
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
      I used that cam you mentioned .533/.544 lift, gt40 non p heads, shorty headers, and the stock ho intake with a 65mm tb. The torque stays above 300 ft lbs from 3000-6000rpm peaking at about 330 ft lbs. If you use the mustang rpm governor which sets the shift point at 5000rpm youll make 292hp. But, if you can find an aftermarket governer (which i believe comes with the transgo hp shift kit) that will allow you to adjust the shift point to 5500-6000 rpm youll gain another 35hp. This engine seems to really like the high revs with that cam, but makes alot of torque as well. Looks like a good combo that you could have some fun with. 70torino429
      __________________mind you this was a desktop dyno but wow id love to see what happens with afr185 or 165 heads yikes!!!

65mm TB, Explorer intake, GT40 non-p heads, XE264 (264/270 512/512)

Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I also DD'd the XE258HR with both stock GT40 heads and a possibly-representative ported E7 head (used Colin's numbers, which may or may not be questionable) ... my Crane 444211 is strong on the low end in DD simulations (and is quite decent on the street), but the program predicts that this Comp grind, with the same .050 duration numbers, would be stronger still on the low end while making a rather noticeable amount more horsepower. Still haven't punched that output into Desktop Drag ... but, that sounds like a win-win if one can swing the price. Wonder if one can ever get a used one for cheap ...
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
        X