Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not necessary, it's just another performance upgrade. I'd get a trans cooler regardless though-i'd get a cooler before I'd get 1/7 rockers.

240-250 hp? how are you planning on getting that?
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
      The only reason to change to a higher stall is if you're making changes that would move the powerband up in the RPM range.
      Like doing an HO swap...It's not needed though. It's just an upgrade to make the car launch better.

Comment

alright thanks alot, so i guess im thinking of doing an HO conversion, truetrac with 3.55, rebuilt tranny with shift kit. i'll keep it at that.

Comment

alright, if im doing a minor engine rebuild, what should i refresh, cyllinder walls reconditioned, bearings, what???

Comment

i have been doing some research on a HO conversion and found this post about the differences between LOPO and HO, it has some pics of the different types of intakes,

it does have some repeated info,
            does anyone here have the means to modify the egr spacer i cant find one off a lightning and how much would it be to modify.
            :merk:

Comment

merkman86, Might want to start your own thread and state your plans....

Comment

WOW....that is really helpful! Thanx for takin the time to post all this!
                -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

great thread! question,why bore out the egr spacer? why not just keep the HO spacer? I did this upgrade to my last vic,(costed 55 bucks at junkyard)makes a HUGE difference. I now have a 91 vic and thinking about doing the same thing.

I had terrible problems with trying to get cables that worked(tv wasnt hooked up and smoked the tranny). Couldn't i just flip the intake and use mark7 cables? i'm sure i'de have to cut and lengthen the wires for tps.
                  [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3358314"]

Comment

Also,when getting the HO conversion taken care of,couldnt i just convert to mass air too for better power upgrades? and what do you think about phenolic spacers(a spacer in between the upper and lower intake?)are they bs or do they work?
                    Last edited by ironstealth; 11-08-2007, 10:30 AM. Reason: add
                    [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3358314"]

Comment

Originally posted by ironstealth View Post
                      Also,when getting the HO conversion taken care of,couldnt i just convert to mass air too for better power upgrades? and what do you think about phenolic spacers(a spacer in between the upper and lower intake?)are they bs or do they work?
                      Mass air will not get you anything, until you exceed the limits of SD which takes a bit of work. SD will do better on a stock HO than MAF.

Comment

Bounce.

I think I'm going to do this on the 89 mercury grand marq we got over here,
                        But with an Exploder cam and an off road H pipe, Flowmaster muffs and a set of stock or if I can find em BBk headers.
                        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

ho converstion

87 GRAND marquis dosent sound to bad and well worth!! i have the efi in my car if iam not mistake so all in parts how much is the question
                          sigpic1987 grand marquis

Comment

depends where you do your shopping and how patient you are. most of this stuff will be cheap if you get it used off forums or junkyards. it'll be more expensive on ebay. shop around if you aren't in a hurry, you'll find the parts you need reasonable.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Can you still pass an emissions test after converting to HO?

Assume smog pump and cat(s) are intact.

Comment

Originally posted by pollock View Post
                                Can you still pass an emissions test after converting to HO?

Assume smog pump and cat(s) are intact.
                                Should pass if everything is working
                                2000 Grand Marquis LS
                                2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                                1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                                1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                                Mercury Owners Group member
                                Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Working...
                                X