Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like the smog pump does anything lol, my old mand wagon passed with the smog pump unhooked and read 0 hydrocarbons lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by pollock View Post
      Can you still pass an emissions test after converting to HO?

Assume smog pump and cat(s) are intact.

Shouldn't be any reason it wouldn't Remember, an HO motor is a stock ford motor that has to meet emission requirements also. My car fast passed MD emissions every time.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
        Shouldn't be any reason it wouldn't Remember, an HO motor is a stock ford motor that has to meet emission requirements also. My car fast passed MD emissions every time.
        Sure. I guess the real question is whether a lo-po motor in a full-size has more stringent emissions specs than an HO motor in a Mustang. Sounds like it probably doesn't.

Comment

quick question, will an HO cam work in an 84 block? from what i hear the rollar lifters wont work in the 85 and down blocks,just want to clearify that. and im not sure if i can use regular lifters on an HO cam, there is a 91 T-bird at the wreckers i work at with an HO in it so im planning on getting the heads and cam out of it, and swapping to a 4 bbl on my merc

Comment

Can't use a roller camshaft in an 84 block unless you buy those expensive link bar retrofit lifters. Can't use flat lifters on a roller camshaft either.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

On the throttle body -

Instead of repositioning and welding the lever, could you just use the cable(s) from a Mark 7? Another post I read said something about that. Thought it was worth asking in the "master" thread.

Comment

IIRC the mark 7 cables are used when you run the upper intake the same way as a mustang. Which requires a lot more work.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Save The Trouble Bore The EGR Plate To 63mm,Put A Slight Round On The Face Get Explorer TB Gasket,RTV And Put The 65 On...No BS
                  sigpic351w .030, B303, 1.6 Roller Rockers, GT40P Heads Mild Port Job,351w Lightning Lower & Explorer Upper,65mm TB, Custom CAI, 24# Injectors, Adj FPR, 1/2 Phenolic Spacer, TPS Enhancer, Shift Kit, 2400 Stall, Hi-Rev Govenor, MMC Alcoa Driveshaft, 3.73 Trac Lok, Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, MSD Street Fire Coil, MSD 6AL Ignition 12.35 @114 mph spinning through 1st gear

Comment

Could I just drop the 94 HO engine out of my Bronco in my Marq? (with the exception of swapping to the stang intake and swapping the oil pan and whatnot.

I've been told by some not so well informed mustang guys that the truck engine won't accept the Mustang intake. I don't see why they would be different.

I've been trying to part out my Bronco for like a month and it's just not happening so I might just use the motor.

Was also thinking of putting the marq on the Bronco frame, lol.
                    '92 F-350 4x4: 7.3 idi, E4OD, 6" all spring Skyjacker lift, 16.5" Mickey Classic II's, 35" BFG's, Loc-Rite Up front, Trac Lock in rear.

'91 Lincoln Mark VII Bill Blass: don't know yet

Comment

Bronco frame is too short. But I'm almost positive I've figured out how to put the ttb front end under the car.
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS
                      flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

I read that an 85 cv cfi is a little more difficult to convert into an HO?! is this true ?! if so I would like what parts i should look for instead of pluging and playing around.

-Leo
                        sigpic
                        67 Ltd tudor
                        67 Ltd 4door
                        85 Ltd 4door

Comment

if you have a CFI car, you will have to convert to SEFI to use HO parts but, the best would be to put a HO engine+wire harness in the car.

Comment

When you are talking CFI and SEFI are you talking about the sequential fuel injection versus bank firing?
                            '92 F-350 4x4: 7.3 idi, E4OD, 6" all spring Skyjacker lift, 16.5" Mickey Classic II's, 35" BFG's, Loc-Rite Up front, Trac Lock in rear.

'91 Lincoln Mark VII Bill Blass: don't know yet

Comment

the CFI system looks like a carb but, with 2 fuel injectors feeding all cylenders, the SEFI system consists of a upper intake plenum and an injector for each cylender.

Comment

anything i can do to my cfi to enhance its performance in the meantime?
                                sigpic
                                67 Ltd tudor
                                67 Ltd 4door
                                85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Working...
                                X