Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not much. better exhaust, swap the intake to a better 2bbl. Search around...

One of our members did do a cfi to sefi conversion. its sticked somewhere. Wasnt too tough to do
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

actually mike it was two of our members lol anyway the members that did cfi to sefi conversion was fatnasty and 85crownhpp

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I am still intent on trying a good CFI upgrade, with the correct parts I think CFI can be a decent power maker.

Heads, exhaust, good 4bbl manifold with adapter, decent cam...
        2000 Grand Marquis LS
        2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
        1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
        Mercury Owners Group member
        Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

cool, what kind of heads would you guys recomend with a 2bbl intake and dual exhaust
          and how does this 4bbl do. is it worth having or too much trouble for a novice
          sigpic
          67 Ltd tudor
          67 Ltd 4door
          85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
            cool, what kind of heads would you guys recomend with a 2bbl intake and dual exhaust
            and how does this 4bbl do. is it worth having or too much trouble for a novice

The E7 seems to be the best "stock" head. I am not saying that it will be as good as EFI, but it has to be better than stock.
            2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

85 mark VII lsc cfi unit, that edelbrock cfi intake manifold, a new 85 mark VII cfi ho camshaft, or if your block is drilled a ho or explorer roller cam and roller lifters, and ecm, and e7 heads would be a nice combo ray

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

exactly, that's my plan...

I have shorty's and a stang h-pipe. I have a line on a set of e7s for 40 bucks.
                I also have an HO CFI ECM

Last edited by 85MercPark; 02-19-2009, 08:14 AM.
                2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

i recentaly came into ownership of a 85 squire it has the multiport fi plenum what eec should i use can i throw the top end off a newer explorer on it (96-on) and a friend has a e308 cam will that work and are there enough parts on a 95 gm to make it worth it for a big break conv

Comment

well, 85 shouldn't be multiport. Normally those are CFI, which looks like a carb with 2 little injectors. If you have a car with a fuel rail and 8 injectors, either its not an 85, or someone converted it. Need to know which. Also, if it was converted, you need to know what the engine currently is.

I'd skip the E cam, they have crappy low end torque production. There are many many better cams out there that will work well in a heavy Panther.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

hey mike what did your custom cold air intake look like on your 87? I was just wondering maybe if i cold improve my hot air intake?
                      sigpic
                      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
                        hey mike what did your custom cold air intake look like on your 87? I was just wondering maybe if i cold improve my hot air intake?

it looked like shit!

was a mustang elbow off the TB, to a drain pipe, to a 2.3L elbow to a K&N cone mounted behind the bumper

Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Fugly. But i'll be damned if it don't work! REAL cold air!
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

on a 87 crown vic 5.0
                            are the lifters and pushrods the same on the lopo as the ho?
                            are the rockers the same on the e6se(stock crown vic) and e7te heads?

Comment

lifters, pushrods, rocker arms are all the same yes

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

what does the comp ratio come out to be,with the ho conversion on a lopo 5.0

Comment

Working...
                                X