5.8 Swap in the works, questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
    Yeah, I'd ignore my cam grinder rant, too.
    You seem to be having a lot of those lately lol

the way its looking I think I have my build figured out.

94 351 Roller Block
    TFS Intake (if it fits, going to measure in person, but if it is 11.5 inches, it will fit)
    Comp XE258HR Cam (called Comp, they suggested the same two you did pirate lol)
    1.6 RR's
    AFR 165 heads 58cc Combustion Chambers (chose them over the 185s because of the massive low end grunt of the 165's)
    70mm Throttle Body/EGR
    24 lb/hr Injectors
    Haven't decided on converter yet
    SilverFox Valvebody
    Mustang Governer
    3.73 Trac Loc Rear end

It feels like I'm forgetting something, and If I am I will post it up.

There you go, critique it and see if I did anything wrong, I am open to criticism lol
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

I'd go with AFR 185s.

And I'd also go with boost.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I'll look into the 185's some more

I have seriously thought about a supercharger shooting in about 8psi of boost numerous times, but I'm debating on just dropping the 3k on it and just forget about it, or just building an all motor torque monster. I'm not looking for crazy amounts of power, but low to mid range grunt would be awesome.
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
          I'll look into the 185's some more

I have seriously thought about a supercharger shooting in about 8psi of boost numerous times, but I'm debating on just dropping the 3k on it and just forget about it, or just building an all motor torque monster. I'm not looking for crazy amounts of power, but low to mid range grunt would be awesome.
          Booist is a good way to build big power, and retain great drivability.

8 psi is for kids. With a good bottom end, you'll be good for twice that.

I'm going to be 8-10 psi on a stock bottom end (although the 4.7 has a decent bottom end).

Vortech/ Paxton. I may experiment with an air to water intercooler on my truck, so I'll let you know how that goes if you decide on going the boosted route.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

switching to AFR 185s

Comment

There you go, critique it and see if I did anything wrong, I am open to criticism lol
              Oh jiminy f---ing christmas, you've f---ed everything up, I've never seen such a colossal f---ing disaster. My eyes cannot repel fail of this magnitude!

Actually, I'm glad you're switching to 185's. Build it, sir.

Comment

That is a good looking lighting intake (the black one) on the last page. I am buddys with a guy that has a plating and polishing shop. I've had this urge latley to get the lightning intake triple dipped. Before you ask, just cause I guess lol. Anyway glad you decided to go with the 185's thats the bare minumum I would want on a 351. I would suggest some twisted wedges or high ports in the same size though, much better heads for the money IMO.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
                  That is a good looking lighting intake (the black one) on the last page. I am buddys with a guy that has a plating and polishing shop. I've had this urge latley to get the lightning intake triple dipped. Before you ask, just cause I guess lol.
                  Yeah I have a pair of valve covers that match that intake, so if the TFS Intake doesn't work (again, I'm going to measure in person before I buy) I'll get the lightning intake and have the bottom powdercoated silver and the top in the Black Crinkle finish.

I also have a friend who owns a machine shop, might try to have him make a custom intake plaque for me.

But this is only if the Trickflow won't work.

Comment

Gee, the quote in your sig looks falimiar.........
                    Former panther owner
                    1981 CV 351 4bbl
                    1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by andymac0035 View Post
                      Gee, the quote in your sig looks falimiar.........
                      yeah, that pretty much made my day

Comment

Sounds good man. I'm sure i'll still have it when or if you need it lol.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                        Big plans

Comment

kind of a dumb question, but just a thought (this isn't going to change my decision)...is there anyway to keep cruise control with this setup?

Comment

kind of a dumb question, but just a thought (this isn't going to change my decision)...is there anyway to keep cruise control with this setup?
                            I don't see why not.
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

well I figured as long as I swap in a computer that supports cruise control, I should be fine, but I didn't know if there was a difference with the 351

Comment

i would run a set of flat top 2 valve relief pistons, lunati voodoo cam, afr 185cc heads, edelbrock rpm air gap, 650 holley double pumper, and 4.10 gears.

Comment

Working...
                                X