going to a carbed 351 in august...questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats an even better idea lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

haha i thought of doing all of that but with this being my daily driver and being in collage i can't really afford to play games, however i will be done school in a year and have a job in the plants and i will get another second beater and either put in a motor bigger than a 351, or like you said put in a 351w and swap in a tiny carbed POS for a week for them to test. Either way I really want to go carbed. Of course being a government program you have to have proof comming out of your ass that your motor is not a windsor or they will happily stick it to ya.

and I have to pass 52ppm HC which I just got exactly 52ppm last week (barley a pass) with my mostly LOPO EFI.

Or I could move 1 hour north where the clean air boundry ends and no e-testing at all for anything...and great trout fishin, haha
      Last edited by merc91; 05-24-2010, 05:18 PM.
      Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
      HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

could always look for a nice '87 down marquis. Then you can build what ever you want since you will be exempt from emmisions..

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
        351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
        duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSamaritan View Post
          It might be worth finding an anemic carbed straight 6 and swapping it in for a week every couple of years, just to keep the hotrod status.

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
          Just tell them its a Cleveland.
          That's what I would do. It's a 6-cylinder Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by jayh View Post
            honestly, for you, I would suggest an e303 or crane 2040 or edelbrock performer(they are all the same identical cam, emissions legal/clean, and will pull to 6k in a 351)
            Which Edelbrock part number is a .498 lift cast core HR with crappy quality control?
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              Which Edelbrock part number is a .498 lift cast core HR with crappy quality control?
              its part of the 5.0HO performer package.
              now you already know most cams are crap unless they come from a certain place (which I recently heard are ground by comp anyway ) :lol:

OP- would it be "hot rod" status if you put a chevy 6.0 in it?

Comment

Originally posted by jayh View Post
                now you already know most cams are crap unless they come from a certain place (which I recently heard are ground by comp anyway ) :lol:
                Reeeeeally? Seems like you should skip the middle man, and just buy a custom grind from Comp.

Comment

Hey, you know quite well that they have a master lobe catalog, so you can very well order your own cam if you know exactly what you want.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                  X