Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i just took everything off at the y-pipe. it sounds really good so far

Comment

So you have it coming out the cats right? If you want cheap and loud, shorty headers plus off/road h-pipe. Yes,you will get pulled over,set car alarms off,and scare children. You won't be able to hear your radio, a phone call,or hear yourself think.
      Last edited by ironstealth; 06-18-2010, 01:22 PM.
      [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3358314"]

Comment

lol i def wont get pulled over. im a police officer lol. you shoulds heard my last car that bitch was loud as hell lol.

Comment

the cam makes that much of a difference when it comes to sound? well, i guess the different firing order would help out there
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Indeed the cam and the heads both change the sound a lopo sounds nothing like a H.O.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
            Big plans

Comment

Cut the muffler off. They're not as loud as you would think. But they sound ok.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                drive it with the manifolds off
                And add 6" diameter exhaust tips.

Comment

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
                  And add 6" diameter exhaust tips.
                  that reminds me of those VW baha bugs and their megaphone cone exhaust tips.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

strap a jet engine to it, and at the exhaust end mount a series of duck calls

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                    1965 Cadillac Hearse by M+M "Edgar"
                    1964 Mercury Comet Caliente

Comment

Ive hard many healthy 289's and 302's over the years with the old 302/lopo firing order

IMO it has more to do with the lobes being so small than the firing order itself

OP where are you located? if you can run headers, off road mid pipe and a chambered muffler like flowmaster, mac, hooker, vortex, etc. you can get it to sound pretty good

actually some 1 chamber flowmasters might sound good with cats and manifolds

Comment

Working...
                      X