No announcement yet.

mass air wiring question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will those work properly without a tune or does it require loading a new MAF transfer function ?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Any maf that didn't originally come with the ECM will need the transfer changed in the ecm.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

And how is this done?

Comment

with a tuner of some form.

dunno, mine seems to work ok with the 90s Towncar maf. Possibly not as good as it could be, but it doesn't have any obvious wierd problems. The sensor is the same part number as the 94-95 MAF that is supposed to be a direct swap for the 89-93 maf.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X